rasm

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rasm

is it a rasm to get the nikkah dress from the inlaws? or do brides usually buy their own nikkah dress

not for the reception for the nikkah that takes place assuming reception will be held later
    If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.” ~

Rasam is served in wedding saddhis, but only after sambar. But need to consume with care if one wants to retain and chisel six pack.
    Why isn't the Dividend story among the featured threads?

Comment

• redvelvet
      redvelvet commented
      Editing a comment
      LOL

Not quite the rasam she's talking about, Southie Uncle. I would like to try sambar one of these days; I'm not too worried about my six pack.

• Southie
      Southie commented
      Editing a comment
      You are welcome at our house, redvelvetu. Oifu will feed you.

From what I know based on sisters' experience, dont think there is any such rasm. Either way, these things are decided based on the mutual discussion of two parties. Whatever suits them well
    We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star." -- Stephen Hawking

Comment

Life01,

My sister had her nikkah on the same day as the shadi, so she bought her own dress. The jora she wore on her valima was from her in-laws. And for the engagement and mehndi, it was from her in-laws.

I was clueless about all the different rasams until she got hitched and even now I still can't keep them straight as they vary across families and cultural groups.

If this question has anything at all to do with you (wink wink...lol) , then I'm very happy for you, Life01.
      I think that if you let me....I'd treat you like the sky
      I'd join up all your insecurities...And bundle all your flaws
      I'd create a new constellation....And search for it endlessly

Comment

Congratulations to Life01 on this auspicious occasion.
        Why isn't the Dividend story among the featured threads?

Comment

It depends from family to family tbh. The only group I know where the guy's family always buys the nikkah outfit are Pukhtoon.
          Anything worth doing is worth doing well.

Comment

it varies from family to family.
            My sister's nikah and rukhsati reception were on the same day and we brought the wedding dress whereas my nikkah and rukhsati functions were on different days so my in laws brought the nikkah dress and for rukhsati we brought ours.

Comment

Also, in most urdu speaking families all dresses like nikkah, rukhsati and valima are from the guy's side and vice versa.

Comment

Working...
              X