Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eid Al Adha 2018: Pret, Please!

Hi all.

Normally, I'd be set for Eid clothes by now with a trip to Pk done & dusted or in the offing, master jee plans & all, but as luck would have it, I'm a little less mobile than I'd like this time around.

What with tailoring costs amounting to an arm, a leg, a firstborn and some change in these parts, I'd love if you kind souls could recommend, from personal experience, a Pakistani pret brand to patronize in lieu. Elan Vital used to have great pret but there's nothing on offer this year; also, I have ordered from Zara Shahjahan in the past and regretted it big time. The wearing context for the clothes in question is at least one big found family gathering over Eid. Much obliged if you could help find a good fit.

Please and thank you!!!

Originally posted by birdie View Post
    Hi all.

Normally, I'd be set for Eid clothes by now with a trip to Pk done & dusted or in the offing, master jee plans & all, but as luck would have it, I'm a little less mobile than I'd like this time around.

What with tailoring costs amounting to an arm, a leg, a firstborn and some change in these parts, I'd love if you kind souls could recommend, from personal experience, a Pakistani pret brand to patronize in lieu. Elan Vital used to have great pret but there's nothing on offer this year; also, I have ordered from Zara Shahjahan in the past and regretted it big time. The wearing context for the clothes in question is at least one big found family gathering over Eid. Much obliged if you could help find a good fit.

Please and thank you!!!
    If you are hoping someone will share any positive reviews about anyone, designer or store or anything. That's not going to happen. Best of luck with your Eid shopping. Aren't you a bit late for that anyway?
    The Way of those on whom You have bestowed Your Grace, not of those who earned Your Anger, nor of those who went astray. (Al-Fatihah)

Comment

^ That's coming across gratuitously snarky. I had no idea sharing positive reviews was verboten in these parts -- and as for lateness, there are a few websites I know of where cutoffs for delivery before Eid haven't yet been reached. Worst case, I can have them delivered/picked up in Pk and couriered over. My point was merely to avoid shelling out for something that looks chic and sleek in a campaign poster and amounts to a dud in person; was hoping someone more experienced than myself might be able to point me right.

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post
        Hi all.

Please and thank you!!!
        Hey! Its a little late now for eid shopping but here are a few websites ive found worth shopping from:

Phatyma Khan www.phatymakhan.com the previous collections are much nicer than the recent stuff though

Mirusah www.mirusah.com love the detailing and the quality is pretty decent. the pret and luxury pret is actually quite affordable and eye catching

Ayesha Somaya www.ayesha-somaya.com sometimes you can really find stellar pieces at affordable rates, and sometimes its a miss. but you can try your luck!

Comment

Originally posted by happilyeverafter View Post

Hey! Its a little late now for eid shopping but here are a few websites ive found worth shopping from:

Phatyma Khan www.phatymakhan.com the previous collections are much nicer than the recent stuff though

Mirusah www.mirusah.com love the detailing and the quality is pretty decent. the pret and luxury pret is actually quite affordable and eye catching

Ayesha Somaya www.ayesha-somaya.com sometimes you can really find stellar pieces at affordable rates, and sometimes its a miss. but you can try your luck!
          Thank you for the recs! I checked them out and Mirusah in particular is great. I'll file them away for future reference -- for now, I actually ended up ordering from Suffuse by Sana Yasir; my parcel is expected to arrive by tomorrow iA.

Comment

Working...
          X