No announcement yet.

Ugly people are less confident

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is actually more evidence pointing to why ugly people are less confident than attractive people. They get bullied in school and by their parents, have less doors open to them in life, and face alot of rejection form women.

Comment

• booompatakha
      booompatakha commented
      Editing a comment
      redvelvet did you not read my post? i dont understand why people barge in with their opinions without even considering mine first

• redvelvet
      redvelvet commented
      Editing a comment
      People barge in because you created a thread for them to barge into. Yes, I did read your opinions and I have not posted anything irrelevant. And I also have not denied the power of beauty. But despite that power, it's still something transient and so it's neither wise nor healthy to be so dependent upon it.
      Last edited by redvelvet; 2 weeks ago.

• redvelvet
      redvelvet commented
      Editing a comment
      I understand that beauty is still subjective though there are common features across the board that are considered more attractive/desirable. However, I never thought Priyanka was ugly....not even in the days before she went under the knife and chiseled away her nose. She's a fairly attractive woman otherwise she wouldn't have won Miss World. You can make changes to your features with makeup techniques but even then you can only go so far. One has to have good potential with their natural features for the makeup to enhance them. and Priyanka does have that basic foundation.

Originally posted by Bobby1 View Post

Most characterless men I have come across are the unattractive ones, they are conditioned to chase everything that breathes as the rejection rate is very high that even when they find someone they keep chasing. If fixing attractiveness was that easy than why so many unattractive people?
    First of all there is a difference b/w being ugly, being unattractive and being blessed with extraordinarily good looks. Being ugly would be someone who no one except their nearest and dearest wouldn?t find ugly. Being unattractive would be being unattractive in the eyes of some but attractive in the eyes of others, most average people belong to this category and see little need to fix much about their looks. Being blessed with extraordinary good looks would be someone whom most people would find attractive except few who may have a personal grudge against them.

Second thing is that I have nothing against extraordinarily beautiful people. I think though that since they?ve got so many options all the time, they are far less likely to put in the effort needed to sustain long term relationships. Also their looks have afforded them the luxury of getting passes for bad behavior all their lives so they are likely to also lack skills essential for sustaining long term relationships.

As far as chasing is concerned for an average person, it is hard work full of rejections. Think about it like finding a job after being jobless and actively searching for almost a year. Such an employee, given all else is equal, will be more thankful and likely to put in more effort in trying to make things work compared to someone who had an easy time finding the job and still has five offers on the side.

Comment

Originally posted by decentGuy View Post

First of all there is a difference b/w being ugly, being unattractive and being blessed with extraordinarily good looks. Being ugly would be someone who no one except their nearest and dearest wouldn?t find ugly. Being unattractive would be being unattractive in the eyes of some but attractive in the eyes of others, most average people belong to this category and see little need to fix much about their looks. Being blessed with extraordinary good looks would be someone whom most people would find attractive except few who may have a personal grudge against them.

Second thing is that I have nothing against extraordinarily beautiful people. I think though that since they?ve got so many options all the time, they are far less likely to put in the effort needed to sustain long term relationships. Also their looks have afforded them the luxury of getting passes for bad behavior all their lives so they are likely to also lack skills essential for sustaining long term relationships.

As far as chasing is concerned for an average person, it is hard work full of rejections. Think about it like finding a job after being jobless and actively searching for almost a year. Such an employee, given all else is equal, will be more thankful and likely to put in more effort in trying to make things work compared to someone who had an easy time finding the job and still has five offers on the side.
      I think fidelity, class and decency has a lot more to do with family values, when Safy was dating his girl friend he was faithful and nice to her, she got sick and he asked me to teach him to make soup, which he took to her work for her as surprise. I feel these boys will be faithful and caring as this is how I raised them.

Comment

Originally posted by SID_NY View Post
        Define ugliness

Lurking for girls but after failing to get one, ending up hoping to get a robot
        My degree of sarcasm is directly related with your level of stupidity.
        "Hamari Koi aur branch nahi hai"

Comment

Disagree

From what I have seen , they usually are smarter/ clever the other party

This quality is a upper hand then being beautiful
          ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by batameez View Post
            Disagree

From what I have seen , they usually are smarter/ clever the other party

This quality is a upper hand then being beautiful
            ​​​​​​
            This is so last decade, if you look in the uni many good looking people there, both Safys room mates are gym rats and studying engineering.

Comment

Some of the most prettiest and talented people have the worst insecurities. Take a look at your boi Michael Jackson.

Comment

I am ugly and I am not confident

Comment

Not all the research about beautiful people is favorable. There is some recent body of research indicating that attractive people are lacking in the conversation and personality department. You can look it up. I have come across exceptions of people who are attractive and fun to talk to. But looking back....I feel I've come across more attractive people whom I found shallow in conversation...their focus being being more on themselves or inane things....there was a lack of depth. And I have come across insecurities in attractive girls as well. Despite the research, there are still so many gray areas.

Allah made us all beautiful in our own way. And then you have society's standards for beauty ....and I think that most people fall into the 'average' category. Makeup alone can make a huge difference in a face. Once that face paint is removed, you have (in many cases) an average face......a realistic face. Even photographs are not the most realistic portrayal; there are filters that can be used to make a face look better. We are definitely living in times where there is a greater obsession with beauty (the faker the beauty the better it seems) and youth. And then the media is constantly bombarding us with beautiful (but unrealistic) images and so it's very easy to become self-conscious. It does take more of an effort to remove yourself from this pressure and come down to reality. A while ago I was in line at the movie theater and there was this girl in front of me who had the most fakest looking lashes glued to her eyes. They looked mega fake from a distance and 100 times faker up close. And I'm sorry but I could get not get myself to appreciate it and I even wondered if maybe both genders have slowly slowly (over time) been conditioned to accept fake beauty as more attractive. When the media keeps throwing something at you, over time society becomes immune to it.

Comment

Agree.
                    Grizzly bear

Comment

Originally posted by redvelvet View Post
                    Not all the research about beautiful people is favorable. There is some recent body of research indicating that attractive people are lacking in the conversation and personality department. You can look it up. I have come across exceptions of people who are attractive and fun to talk to. But looking back....I feel I've come across more attractive people whom I found shallow in conversation...their focus being being more on themselves or inane things....there was a lack of depth. And I have come across insecurities in attractive girls as well. Despite the research, there are still so many gray areas.

Allah made us all beautiful in our own way. And then you have society's standards for beauty ....and I think that most people fall into the 'average' category. Makeup alone can make a huge difference in a face. Once that face paint is removed, you have (in many cases) an average face......a realistic face. Even photographs are not the most realistic portrayal; there are filters that can be used to make a face look better. We are definitely living in times where there is a greater obsession with beauty (the faker the beauty the better it seems) and youth. And then the media is constantly bombarding us with beautiful (but unrealistic) images and so it's very easy to become self-conscious. It does take more of an effort to remove yourself from this pressure and come down to reality. A while ago I was in line at the movie theater and there was this girl in front of me who had the most fakest looking lashes glued to her eyes. They looked mega fake from a distance and 100 times faker up close. And I'm sorry but I could get not get myself to appreciate it and I even wondered if maybe both genders have slowly slowly (over time) been conditioned to accept fake beauty as more attractive. When the media keeps throwing something at you, over time society becomes immune to it.
                    Just god given beauty does not cut it anymore, you have to workout, eat healthy, groom yourself and wear appropriate clothings. Th concept of beauty is also there in religion with detailed description of beauty of hoors and also how beautiful girls wallis could get better mahar and beautiful slave would sell for more moola. If anything personality is now valued more as women are finally allowed to work, talk, go out.

Comment

lol, for anyone who knows me, knows I love steve.

third string these confident brothers will be joining you in the MGTOW movement if this whole dating thing doesn't work out for them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-Z3O-cbDo0

“Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.”

Comment

'Ugly' is very very subjective..

My ex-sil was considered unattractive by quite a lot of our elders, simply because she was darker.. she looked a lot like Freida Pinto..

Many who were younger considered her pretty (including me)..

She had a lot of confidence..
                        Confidence is silent, insecurities are loud..

Comment

Working...
                        X