• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now i know why i less people are getting married

Lol

https://www.reddit.com/r/ABCDesis/co..._wedding_cost/

Blowin a 100k on a wedding

Even if i was stupid rich like Jeff Bezos, I think that's so wasteful for a one time event. And what happens when you get divorced? Such a waste.

Just get Nikkah over the phone. Best option!

Comment

Nah, most people I know get married within reasonable means.
      It all comes down to making sure there is common understanding/expectations on both sides.
      “Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.”

Comment

• third string
        third string commented
        Editing a comment
        Illuminate wow i didn't know a wedding would be possible on such a small budget, if you check my link then most people on there spent more than $40k on a wedding and some spent like $200k! Although most if not all of the people in that sub are Indian, so I'm not sure if spending big on weddings is more of an Indian thing?

• Illuminate
        Illuminate commented
        Editing a comment
        lol, it can definitely be a Pakistani thing too. It really depends on what your priorities are. I think a small wedding is good especially if you are just starting out. Then save for vacation and big priorities like a house, etc. Also, damn third string, you gotta get through uni before all this wedding planning. You have wedding planners for that kinda stuff, or aunties if you're really desi/thrifty.

• third string
        third string commented
        Editing a comment
        Illuminate lol i'm not planning nothin, remember i've gone my own way (mgtow) ; )

I'm just surprised and disgusted by such extravagance and wastefulness.

now a days boys want gf they are scared marriage life and responsibilities

Comment

Beta OP by the time you hit puberty you will have enough money to hit the court and get registered. That should be enough
        My degree of sarcasm is directly related with your level of stupidity.
        "Hamari Koi aur branch nahi hai"

Comment

• third string
          third string commented
          Editing a comment
          I've been married and divorced, uncle saab.

• Holy Lota
          Holy Lota commented
          Editing a comment
          Child marriages arent counted. Neither are the child divorces.

#HolyFatwa

I think the trend is quite sad but I don?t blame individuals because we are living in an era where having a girlfriend has become too easy but having a wife too hard, too costly.

I always felt uneasy about marriage expenses and it seems there is good reason for that.

Everyone is making marriage harder and harder for men. Be it friends or family or laws. I would go as far as to say that even many Islamic speakers are doing that by only telling about rights of wife without balancing it with telling about rights of husband.

I learned about these two young skilled workers here from Pakistan who got married recently. Their situation gave me yet another reminder of this problem. Luckily both of their families back home were cooperative and eventually gave them permission to get married. But many of their friends here started to pile up their expectations such as venue, food, guests, gifts, hotel accommodation, plane tickets, etc. They didn?t had budget for all that and nearly called-off the whole plan after listening to rude comments. But then they somehow got married with zero friends and told everyone later. So far so good but then they had some small dispute over house work and the guy got so much condemnation that his wife felt bad for him and apologized for taking the dispute public. The point I?m trying to make is that it has become very easy for a wife to exploit any shortcoming in her husband and make him suffer. As far as street smart men are concerned, they have the ability to tell a good woman from a bad one. But average men lack that ability hence get scared of marriage.

Comment

• decentGuy
          decentGuy commented
          Editing a comment
          I think it is the right of a woman to accept/reject proposals as per her criteria (looks, socioeconomic status, etc.) and be unapologetic about it. The increased risks men feel of being exploited that I’m referring to start after a proposal for marriage is accepted and continues on to every stage of marriage from wedding to domestic disputes to divorce/retirement. Unfortunately those risks are minimal with a girlfriend compared to with wife. That is a wrong direction in which society is headed.

• Illuminate
          Illuminate commented
          Editing a comment
          Not sure if you're religious but if both partners adhere to religious teachings and fulfill the relationship with understanding, mutual respect and fear of God then there is more benefits of a marriage then a girl/boyfriend relationship.

• decentGuy
          decentGuy commented
          Editing a comment
          Even non-religious men would admit to greater benefits of the kind of marriage you mentioned compared to some loose relationship. That would be a great marriage to be blessed with.

Marriages are a lot like college roommate arrangements, some arrangements are truly blessed, some involve a bit of power struggle, while some are a total mess. The good thing there is that differing needs of all involved parties are treated equally both socially and legally during conflict resolution for roommates, unlike in marriage. For example, one roommate studies at night but the other one sleeps, so they’ll have to come up with some compromise. But let’s say everyone, including the administration, starts supporting the roommate who studies at night, then there will be little incentive for the night owl to compromise and if he is of exploitative nature, he will exploit the situation. Something of similar sorts is happening in this era where there is little incentive for a wife to not exploit a situation if it is not purely out of her altruistic nature.
      Working...
      X