Would you

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you

Marry someone who went to bars/pubs but claimed didnot drink? Girl guy whoever...
    If you think nobody cares if you're alive, try missing a couple of payments.” ~

Yes. There are some events.. when you need to be there for celebration like farewell party, birthday party.

Comment

Yeah

Comment

You are setting the bar too low.

What if he doesnt goto bar/pub but occasionally visits strip club?
        My degree of sarcasm is directly related with your level of stupidity.
        "Hamari Koi aur branch nahi hai"

Comment

Originally posted by Holy Lota View Post
          You are setting the bar too low.

What if he doesnt goto bar/pub but occasionally visits strip club?
          Sometimes Holy has a point, OP.

What if he visits the strip club but claims that he lowers his gaze?

If he is determined to drink, then he doesn't need to be in a pub or a bar to do so.
          Last edited by redvelvet; 2 weeks ago.
          Whether I love you or hate you, both are in your favor. If I love you, you'll occupy my heart. If I hate you, you'll occupy my mind. Either way, you have a part of me. So, take care of yourself. ~ Shakespeare, edited.

Comment

• Holy Lota
            Holy Lota commented
            Editing a comment
            Sometimes only? Boht afsos ki baat hai

What if he does not go to the bar, strip clubs, is a virgin, namazi, haji, rozadaar will make a 5 yr old wear hijab but will beat the crap out off his wife and children and think men are superior and women should show obedience to men? True story, happens in many households.

Comment

• decentGuy
            decentGuy commented
            Editing a comment
            First of all that is just a statement made by founder and head of a social organization, that’s why the Tribune headline itself is in quotes. There is no reference to any actual study. Even then it doesn’t say that the male perpetrator was namazi, rozedar and haji.

I did not say that all those who drink are always perpetrators of domestic violence. But most of the domestic violence involves alcohol.

• Bobby1
            Bobby1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Awan, is feet on the ground and knows better than you and I will so I find him credible. My brother shared with me that he found our mom crying one day and asked why, she told him that our cousins wife had called from Pak, the wife is a Prof of Medicine, respected world over and attends conferences in the west and the cousin grew up at our home as his dad had passed away. My cousin brother who is a 4 times Hajji, Namazi, feeds orphans, built mosques had beat her with a belt and also beats children with a belt and my mom always asked us to be Naik like him. Many girls here are focusing on things that might not effect their lives as drastically as an abusive man would.

• decentGuy
            decentGuy commented
            Editing a comment
            Sorry to hear about your cousin’s wife. There certainly are bad people amongst the ranks of religious people.

Originally posted by redvelvet View Post

Sometimes Holy has a point, OP.

What if he visits the strip club but claims that he lowers his gaze?

If he is determined to drink, then he doesn't need to be in a pub or a bar to do so.
          So going to a pub bar isa problem?

Comment

No but if his claiming he doesnot drink prays than saying you go to a bar how can you not drink might be an accusation?

Comment

• redvelvet
              redvelvet commented
              Editing a comment
              Non-alcoholic drinks can also be ordered at a bar. And as Mahool mentioned earlier, special events can sometimes take place there. I admit that it doesn't settle entirely well with me either as I don't visit such places, never had the desire to. The unknown is naturally going to make us uneasy....so just ask the guy and hear him out and then decide.

I would occasionally go to a bar with work colleagues but wont drink, I receive wines as gifts occasionally from non-Muslim friends, which i politely accept and then discard. Does it raise the question I might be a drinker?

People may go to a pub for reasons other than drinking alcohol e.g. company of friends, get-togethers, liking the atmosphere, having a fag with pals, or even just watch good old footy.
            I'm Not The Messiah, I'm A Very Naughty Boy

Comment

• SID_NY
              SID_NY commented
              Editing a comment
              I do the same when i get wine bottles as christmas gift though honestly sometimes i think why not give it to someone who drinks. But so far i've thrown it in garbage saying Lahul wala

It's not an issue for me, i don't drink but don't mind if she does as long as she's not an alcoholic coke snorting two timin b#$+h.

Comment

Originally posted by Life01 View Post
              Marry someone who went to bars/pubs but claimed didnot drink? Girl guy whoever...
              The short answer is that it wouldn't be a deal breaker off the bat. The more detailed answer is that this would bring up other questions that would be used to determine whether I would proceed with it or not.

Originally posted by Bobby1 View Post
              What if he does not go to the bar, strip clubs, is a virgin, namazi, haji, rozadaar will make a 5 yr old wear hijab but will beat the crap out off his wife and children and think men are superior and women should show obedience to men? True story, happens in many households.
              I don't think anyone would go for someone to whom the bolded part applies, regardless of whatever else the guy has in terms of religious observance, education, wealth, looks, fitness level, charity work etc.

Tell your assassin to aim for her head...because she doesn't have a heart.

Comment

• redvelvet
                redvelvet commented
                Editing a comment
                captain Obvious

Your very last point is the most important one and as always you have expressed it simply and well. People only see what they want to see and if one turns a blind eye to their own prejudices, then they will never be able to understand that there is more than just one kind of Muslim, or Desi, or (insert race/religion/group). Talk about aqal pe taala and dil par mohr.....and on top of that to fancy oneself as the key to everyone else's enlightenment. o____o

• Bobby1
                Bobby1 commented
                Editing a comment
                redvelvet when someone refuses to acknowledge 93 percent abuse rates and the lowest gender equality rates then that to my eyes is Aqal pai tala and dil pai mohr. Liberal values which gave women rights and protections and freed them from thousands of years of religious oppression are the ones of enlightenment. Religious factions still think it is Jihadis right to rape war captives and a victim of rape should be stoned...sounds like a big black ugly tala to me. last I checked ISIS, BOKO HARAM, TALIBAN, HAQQANI were very practicing and I am sure you feel they are the enlightened ones..lol

• decentGuy
                decentGuy commented
                Editing a comment
                Bobby1 Don`t mix geopolitics with women rights. Those waging wars raising the slogan of women rights have caused greater suffering to all of humanity, including women. Millions of women live in far more dire circumstances now than they were before these wars. Altaf Hussain and his likes from other poor countries living in exile use such slogans only for personal gains to make their foreign masters happy.

Originally posted by Captain Obvious View Post
              I don't think anyone would go for someone to whom the bolded part applies, regardless of whatever else the guy has in terms of religious observance, education, wealth, looks, fitness level, charity work etc.
              Absolutely!

Comment

I've gone to bars only because of colleagues and the dreaded "Happy hour" in which the colleagues force you to come only because there is "Free" food. But I only eat halal. But to tell you the truth the ONLY reason I even go is to see everyone one get super drunk and act like an idiot. While I sit back eating peanuts and seeing "Pam" from HR open up about her past relationships and the Indian consultants trip over tables.

I don't drink btw.

Comment

^ LOL. Naughty-naughty!

I've never been to a bar or a pub. But I've been invited for drinks by coworkers.....as recently as this past Tuesday. I've always either told them I don't drink or I make some excuse and decline.
                  Whether I love you or hate you, both are in your favor. If I love you, you'll occupy my heart. If I hate you, you'll occupy my mind. Either way, you have a part of me. So, take care of yourself. ~ Shakespeare, edited.

Comment

Going to a bar doesn't make you a haraami per se, I go to barcades sometimes but never drink

Comment

• Bakra24
                      Bakra24 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      You go there to play Mario Cart? Good man.
                  Working...
                  X