Are tattoos a deal breaker for you?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are tattoos a deal breaker for you?

What are your thots on tattoos? Would you marry a Muslim/Muslimah with tattoos?

I'm pretty sure most guyz would have no objection on girls' tattoos. But it may not be other way around.
    We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star." -- Stephen Hawking

Comment

Originally posted by SID_NY View Post
      I'm pretty sure most guyz would have no objection on girls' tattoos. But it may not be other way around.
      I would like to see what our resident Muslimahs have to say.

Comment

Tattoos are absolutely gross. Why would a muslim even think of getting them? I see them on a muslim girl and I would assume "Wild ting" then I move along.

Comment

I'm considering a tattoo after consulting some imams, I'm doin for the aesthetic + artistic expression.

Comment

Too many tattoos look hideous most of the time--for both sexes. People who have lots of tattoos generally have more "alternative" aesthetics anyways, aesthetics on a person that I wouldn't want to be in a relationship with anyways so ?\_(ツ)_/?.

Comment

• IsaidwhatIsaid
              IsaidwhatIsaid commented
              Editing a comment
              third string So, did you create this thread to find validation for your choices?

• third string
              third string commented
              Editing a comment
              IsaidwhatIsaid girl, the only person i seek validation from is I.

everybody else can smd.

• IsaidwhatIsaid
              IsaidwhatIsaid commented
              Editing a comment
              third string Right, that is exactly why you're discussing my opinion on tattoos and acting obtuse about what "alt aesthetics" are lol

Originally posted by third string View Post
            What are your thots on tattoos? Would you marry a Muslim/Muslimah with tattoos?

I don't really find it attractive when I see large regions (like the whole arm, or entire leg, etc) that are inked, but I don't shrink back in revulsion either as it's a common sight in our times. I do find myself wondering why the person chose a certain image, what significance (if any) it holds for them, and whether they ever regret it.

I admit that occasionally I have fancied the thought of something teeny-tiny, but tasteful for myself. But of course I would never do it. The closest I get is applying mehndi ...and a prevailing bad childhood habit of jotting reminders and doodling (out of boredom) on the back of my hand.

I don't like piercings or bling on guys. Blech!!!
            Whether I love you or hate you, both are in your favor. If I love you, you'll occupy my heart. If I hate you, you'll occupy my mind. Either way, you have a part of me. So, take care of yourself. ~ Shakespeare, edited.

Comment

Be a tattu rather than the one having a tattoo

#HolyFatwa
              My degree of sarcasm is directly related with your level of stupidity.
              "Hamari Koi aur branch nahi hai"

Comment

I don't like tattoos, but wont mind them if my partner had one, or two, may be three but certainly not one of those 'full body art' types.
                I'm Not The Messiah, I'm A Very Naughty Boy

Comment

I have a small one, it's just a heart.. It's usually covered but I've never had anyone comment on it in a negative way (except for my mum, who was upset about me doing something forbidden rather than the tattoo itself)..

I wouldn't get any more, but I don't have anything against them in general..
                  Confidence is silent, insecurities are loud..

Comment

Many muslimahs here with tramp stamp........they all disclosed the fact here on this very forum.......and they will give justifications and whatnot also...
                    Marr te gaye aaN ........per Chassss aaa gai A

Comment

And some hypocrites will openly support men who have affairs, have children out if wedlock etc, whilst moaning about women who have a tattoo (who aren't really hurting anyone apart from maybe themselves)..

Last time I checked there wasn't an actual Shariah punishment for having a tattoo, but there is for much of the behaviour you defend or just turn a blind eye to on a regular basis..

Confidence is silent, insecurities are loud..

Comment

yea....tattoos ain't no big deal....i found this on the interwebz...lolzers...

In al-Saheehayn it is narrated that ?Abd-Allaah ibn Mas?ood (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: ?May Allaah curse the women who do tattoos and those for whom tattoos are done, those who pluck their eyebrows and those who file their teeth for the purpose of beautification and alter the creation of Allaah.? (al-Bukhaari, al-Libaas, 5587; Muslim, al-Libaas, 5538).
                        Marr te gaye aaN ........per Chassss aaa gai A

Comment

• Bobby1
                          Bobby1 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I know there are all sorts of curses just for women...could fill pages for what women are cursed for.

depends. A few is fine but if she is covered in it then no - but that is just because I dont find that attractive rather than any moral/principle reason. A tattoo can be as good or as bad as you want it to be. I'm pretty indifferent to tatoos (or the idea of them)
                        pass de dutchie

Comment

Working...
                        X