Finding a wife as a divorcee

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SID_NY View Post

No there is no sarcasm here. Most of the people look for something better. In old ages parents used to ask, wut does the guy do. How much he earns etc. Were they gold diggers too?

When a guy looks for some beauty in the girl, like i'm sure you and others have been posting, wut does it make them? Skin-digger?

Hmmm, okay, after doing some thinking I get what you mean...

Generally...

Men view women primarily as sex objects...
    and Women view men primarily as "success" objects... and whats a good indicator to success? Money, How built/athletic you are, How intelligent you are..., how good are you at your craft to bring in the dough... You just have to be successful at something, that you have some redeeming quality.

I believe when it gets down to it, everything goes down to expectations each sex has for each other...

I believe the line in the sand is.... defining what a gold digger is, a person who starts a relationship/marriage with the sole purpose to attain and bask in the other persons wealth.

Do men cultivate a relationship with a women just for her beauty and sex? Yup for sure... so to a degree men are "skin-diggers" as you say...

However, laws being how they are....in case of a divorce or even common law marriage, a women may get up to 50% of the mans wealth...while a guy won't get to keep her beauty...hence the term...
    omae wa mou shindeiru

Comment

It's easier in Pakistan due to lots of available proposals. But as always in these matters, have to look/find suitable people carefully.
      Proposals abroad are limited and its harder to truly know/find/check people's backgrounds.
      Go Main Raha Raheen-e-Sitam Haae Rozgaar
      Lekin Tere Khayaal Se Ghaafil Nahin Raha

(Ghalib)

Comment

Why not trying to find a divorcee in the states?

Comment

I?ve witnessed mixed results in finding a wife as a divorcee. Chances of success largely depends on where your network is stronger. If it is stronger abroad, chances of success abroad are better but if it is stronger in Pakistan, then chances of success are better in Pakistan. Here are some cautionary tales though:

I knew a guy living abroad who had married within relatives and then wife took divorce. His ex?s family poisoned his network in Pakistan so much that he had a really tough time getting married again.

Another person I know whose wife passed away, went to Pakistan to get married again after few years. He got married to a ?widow without children?. His network in Pakistan was lousy and didn?t do any investigation. Within a year of marriage it came to light that the woman was actually a divorcee herself with 5 children. He was already so exhausted and drained by then that he accepted it as his fate. The children eventually came abroad as well and would talk to their real father every now and then which emotionally crippled this person.

Comment

I'm wondering what Op's reasons are for going to Pak for a wife. There's nothing wrong with it, but if he's so fearful of being taken advantage of then why not search closer to home? Does he think that the girls back home are more likely to posses certain traits? I dunno...this seems to have hasty written all over it; doesn't seem very well thought out.
            Do I dare disturb the universe? In a minute there is time. For decisions and revisions which a minute will reverse.

Comment

Originally posted by decentGuy View Post
              I?ve witnessed mixed results in finding a wife as a divorcee. Chances of success largely depends on where your network is stronger. If it is stronger abroad, chances of success abroad are better but if it is stronger in Pakistan, then chances of success are better in Pakistan. Here are some cautionary tales though:

I knew a guy living abroad who had married within relatives and then wife took divorce. His ex?s family poisoned his network in Pakistan so much that he had a really tough time getting married again.

Another person I know whose wife passed away, went to Pakistan to get married again after few years. He got married to a ?widow without children?. His network in Pakistan was lousy and didn?t do any investigation. Within a year of marriage it came to light that the woman was actually a divorcee herself with 5 children. He was already so exhausted and drained by then that he accepted it as his fate. The children eventually came abroad as well and would talk to their real father every now and then which emotionally crippled this person.
              That's fraud. He should've gotten the marriage annulled.

Comment

Working...
              X