This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Healthy additions to food

I have seen elderly ladies in Pakistan often say we add this or that in our handi coz of the benefits it will bring to the family. For example , some include a bit of saunf in almost every thing they cook. Similarly some include a large spoon of turmeric etc ...

Please tell us some tips here that will help the rest of us aware of these health tips for our families ..
    The Prophet Muhammad SAW reported that the Satan said to Allah: "I shall continue to lead Thy servants astray as long as their spirits are in their bodies." And Allah replied: "(Then) I shall continue to pardon them as long as they ask for My forgiveness." [Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 742]

Re: Healthy additions to food

I will share what my mother does , normally she adds half a tsp of methi seeds in the curry masala's coz they are very good for those with diabetes and heart disease.

She also adds ajwain half tsp in foods that are known to make one gassy , for example, cauliflower or some of the daals

We also increase the quantity of ginger in our food when we are down with flu , its known to help considerably.
    The Prophet Muhammad SAW reported that the Satan said to Allah: "I shall continue to lead Thy servants astray as long as their spirits are in their bodies." And Allah replied: "(Then) I shall continue to pardon them as long as they ask for My forgiveness." [Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 742]

Comment

I can't really think of any healthy additions to food at the moment. However, since the article below revolves around organic food, its ingredients are considered as healthy to some.

Go natural: Organic food in Lahore and where to buy it – Dawn
      Shine on the world like loving sunlight (Rumi).
      The most important principle of environment: you are not the only element (Mahavira)
      Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without
      (Buddha).

Comment

Get your Math right CB

The amount of food we pile-up in our plates, to start with, we should just look at healthy subtractions instead of additions
        Goyan keshk aqbat taskeen ast...Awal shor ast aqbat namkeen ast
        Har chanz aasiyat sang zeerey...Ee surat-e-beqrar barbin ast

Comment

^^^How about piling on the healthy stuff because that will fill my stomach up for the right food that is filling and there won't be too many calories. I know if I have tempting fattening food in front of me, my natural reflex is to pile it on.

Comment

^ Bhai nai dil per lai leya. sure sure Pile up the garden salad all you can

In fact that's what I do in my lunches.
            Goyan keshk aqbat taskeen ast...Awal shor ast aqbat namkeen ast
            Har chanz aasiyat sang zeerey...Ee surat-e-beqrar barbin ast

Comment

Believe me every spice that we use has more or less a positive impact on our health. Even turmeric has health benefits.
              Here is an article that sheds some light on health benefits of some popular Spices that we use.

Diary of a Homemaker: Is Indian Food Healthy?

Comment

MIL says don't add tomatoes in your salan if you are having infected throat.
                Loads of ginger in cauliflower and daal maash.

Comment

A pinch or two of Kalonji, as a part of hadith about kalonji being the cure of all diseases except death.
                  "This world (i.e., its pleasures and duration) in comparison with the Hereafter is (similar to the amount of water) one gets when he puts his finger in the sea. Let him then see what it returns with".[Muslim].

Comment

Originally posted by Chicken Biryani View Post
                    I have seen elderly ladies in Pakistan often say we add this or that in our handi coz of the benefits it will bring to the family. For example , some include a bit of saunf in almost every thing they cook. Similarly some include a large spoon of turmeric etc ...

Please tell us some tips here that will help the rest of us aware of these health tips for our families ..
                    Old family traditions have been a part of pakistani culture for a long time, specially when it comes to cooking, keep your food fresh and healthy with the best refrigerators
                    Last edited by LP; Dec 13th, 2017, 04:21 AM. Reason: Link removed

Comment

The health and food are inter-connected as healthy food lead a healthy life and healthy addition to food can bring positive change in our lives. As people left the homemade food and run behind the Junk and unhygienic food which causes so many diseases.

Comment

Working...
                      X