This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Birth Stories

For vaginal birth I would say research research research. Active labour, birth pools, and positions during bitrth all info is on Internet.

Although the EMCS itself was way way less painful the recovery was prolonged and horrible. I remember 9 months down the line I was thinking if I will ever be the same while right now it's day 4 and I am so much better already. Apart from the stinging on peeing and some back ache I am almost back to normal.
    Last edited by Hmmna; Jun 3rd, 2016, 10:53 AM.

Comment

[MENTION=125641]Hmmna[/MENTION], you defo deserve that medal. Before I had a baby I would have passed out reading your experience, lol. Had to not been ready to drop, maybe things would have been better?

I agree about researching properly for a vaginal birth. Alhumdullilah most of my family have had positive experiences here in the UK. Two of my cousins had vaginal births in birthing centres. Researching the hospital is really important too as they vary wildly. My experience was a bit diff because my waters broke early and when they finally admiited me, I had to be induced as I wasn't dilating, so I had the opportunity for an epidural without any issues (although I hadn't mentioned it in my notes or anything). The end part of still horrible though but they needed to get the thing out. Prior to all this, I was convinced I would need a C-sec and only finally came around to the idea of a vaginal birth near the end. I'm glad I did though. I had an episiotomy but with everything else that was going on when I got home, I barely noticed it and was back to normal in no time.
      OMG Paki!

Comment

Stoppit this is my second time and I researched So much. I chose a different hospital with an amazing midwife led unit but the state I reached hospital I had to go to delivery suite because it was the nearest. the MLU was a bit of a walk and I was in nonstate to walk. I found post natal equally crap both times. Delivery was horrible and mismanaged first time and I ended up in EMCS. but second time as you can see at least I was out of hospital in less than 24 hrs
        Last edited by Hmmna; Jun 4th, 2016, 03:55 AM.

Comment

And your "bit they had to get the thing out" made me laugh.
          I think I am done now after two. One EMCS and one VBAC with no intervention. There ia no easy way of getting a baby. And the breastfeeding is another nightmare. I am.so engorged and uncomfortable and I think am getting mastitis.

Comment

Working...
          X