X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simple Ways to Suppress Your Appetite

I found this article interesting

Get Enough ZZZZZ
    Sleep deprivation causes an imbalance in certain hormones, including ghrelin (which increases appetite) and leptin (which decreases appetite). When we don’t get enough sleep, our levels of ghrelin go up (weight gain) and levels of leptin go down (so we are hungrier). That said, adults should aim for at least seven hours of shuteye each night.

Eat Protein and Fiber at Meals
    Compared to carbohydrate and fat, protein takes more time to digest and therefore keeps you full longer. Fiber helps by absorbing water, and then expanding in your stomach – literally creating bulk to make you feel fuller and have less room for more.

Less Variety, More Satisfaction
    Keep less variety of snacks foods in the house and you’ll be much better off. Research has shown the greater your options, the greater your appetite.

Don’t Be Left in the Dark
    When you go out to dinner, sit in a well-lit part of the restaurant. That’s because when you’re eating in a well-lit area, you’re more likely to consume fewer calories. You are more self conscious and feel others can see what you’re eating, so you’re likely to curb your appetite accordingly. In a dim corner of the room… well, anything goes.

Play Mind Games
    Serve up your food on small plates and smaller food portions will look more volumous. Be sure to keep your snacks out of sight at home and at work (out of sight, out of mind). Also, wear great smelling perfume or cologne and light scented candles when you have the opportunity. Interesting smells can often take your mind off of food.

source:http://health.yahoo.com/experts/joyb...your-appetite/
    stop annoying me.ok?

Re: Simple Ways to Suppress Your Appetite

omg im in the dark and dont play mind games and i eat 27/4
    You think you have to..but u dont ur just forced to :D

"Bunnies Will Take Over!"

Comment

then u will soon be getting fat
      stop annoying me.ok?

Comment

doest matter...how much i eat ...i will never get fat..thas for sure.....khao piyo aur mazaaaaaaaaai urhaaaaaaaa ho..cho.. cho cho...
        "The ink of the scholar is more sacred than the blood of the martyr." - Prophet Muhammed SAW

Comment

i agree with the less variety

the more u have, the more u will obviously eat!

so buy the healthy stuff

Comment

Originally posted by hussain87 View Post
            doest matter...how much i eat ...i will never get fat..thas for sure.....khao piyo aur mazaaaaaaaaai urhaaaaaaaa ho..cho.. cho cho...
            u may not b fat from the outside, but wat about ur internal organs?, they could very well become lined with unhealthy fat

Comment

Drink plenty of water.
              The ineluctable truth emerges: The journey is more important than the destination. The real fun was the struggle.

Comment

There are numerous ways to suppress your appetite as you can do following things:
                1: do regular exercises
                2: take less spicy meals
                3: skip your supper meals.

Comment

Many good tips here. Whatever the strategy, it should be sustainable in the long run. It is really difficult for me to suppress the need for fast food on weekends. It may seem funny to others but I just cannot control that urge. I try to compensate for it during the week.

Comment

If you want to suppress your appetite then you must restrain yourself from heavy food such as the oily food and junk food drink more water, eat enough protein and get enough sleep as this will definitely suppress your appetite.

Comment

I like suppressing my appetite my imagining myself living an unfit lifestyle and dying an early death. It works.

Comment

Originally posted by IsaidwhatIsaid View Post
                        I like suppressing my appetite my imagining myself living an unfit lifestyle and dying an early death. It works.
                        lol you sound depressed.

Comment

Originally posted by rukhsaramjad View Post
                          If you want to suppress your appetite then you must restrain yourself from heavy food such as the oily food and junk food drink more water, eat enough protein and get enough sleep as this will definitely suppress your appetite.
                          Behn...

Aap ne original poster (K337) ka post parha? Us post main she listed the points that you have mentioned above. Aap sirf repeat kar rahi hain. Knowledge/tips main koi izaafa nahi hua. :/

Do I dare disturb the universe? In a minute there is time. For decisions and revisions which a minute will reverse.

Comment

Originally posted by third string View Post

lol you sound depressed.
                            It's still better than the converse, bruh! If you like pig out all day and have no qualms or imaginations at all about a declining health...(apathy) ...that can also be a sign of depression.
                            Do I dare disturb the universe? In a minute there is time. For decisions and revisions which a minute will reverse.

Comment

Working...
                            X