Intermittent fasting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intermittent fasting

Anybody done that? For weight loss or whichever reason.

What combination did you have?

I just saw following. Its confusing. Why would anyone skip breakfast completely

i haven't done it........but read on it.......the concept is that.......the longer your body is in state of fasting (i.e. food/carbs not going into your body) the body is in fat burning mode as opposed to fat accumlation mode when you are eating..............
    Marr te gaye aaN ........per Chassss aaa gai A

Comment

Yes it works until you slip into Intermittent Eating!
      We don't see things as they are; we see things as we are!

Comment

• humming bird
        humming bird commented
        Editing a comment
        We do intermittent eating all day long already

I misread the last word of the title.
      Why isn't the Dividend story among the featured threads?

Comment

• humming bird
        humming bird commented
        Editing a comment
        what did you read?

• Southie
        Southie commented
        Editing a comment
        Something to,do with poster number 6

Originally posted by NomiCA View Post
      i haven't done it........but read on it.......the concept is that.......the longer your body is in state of fasting (i.e. food/carbs not going into your body) the body is in fat burning mode as opposed to fat accumlation mode when you are eating..............
      Yes that makes sense. The fat is there to feed our body when no other food is there. I get it. But I just dont agree with skipping the breakfast part. May be its for those who want to lose weight at all cost?

Comment

Really good for health. It increases growth hormone levels in your body as well as break down fat.

Comment

Originally posted by humming bird View Post

Yes that makes sense. The fat is there to feed our body when no other food is there. I get it. But I just dont agree with skipping the breakfast part. May be its for those who want to lose weight at all cost?
          they have 6 or 8 hour window.......you can make it at any time during 24 hours........upto you...make it from 8am to 2pm...
          Marr te gaye aaN ........per Chassss aaa gai A

Comment

I usually do OMAD (one meal a day) with IF. My IF is 2/22. I usually eat when I get home and only have one meal a day. I can stay hungry all day but cant sleep hungry.

Comment

Originally posted by NomiCA View Post

they have 6 or 8 hour window.......you can make it at any time during 24 hours........upto you...make it from 8am to 2pm...
            Ok thats even better. It'll be easier to make it during the daytime, say between breakfast and a early dinner.

Comment

Originally posted by humming bird View Post

Ok thats even better. It'll be easier to make it during the daytime, say between breakfast and a early dinner.
              Yep. Thats the idea. Its even better to work out at the end of your IF so you could get more benefits out of it.

Comment

Thank you all

Comment

The main thing to remember is that as long as you're in a calorie deficit, your body will begin to break down glycogen (stored fat) in your body to sustain energy. However if you just stop eating completely you body will begin to break down the protein in your body - this is where your body literally starts eating itself because it has zero calories to break down in your body. So proceed with caution and eat enough to sustain yourself if trimming fat is the end goal
                  pass de dutchie

Comment

Working...
                  X