Truth or Lie?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truth or Lie?

So, I came across an interesting question on another website.

Which of the two is a more stronger reflection of love? A lie that spares your loved one's feelings.....or.....stating the truth at all times?

Discuss...

Tough one lol
    We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star." -- Stephen Hawking

Comment

The latter. I don't care for sparing feelings when they keep someone ignorant on something important.

Comment

lie.......not everyone has what it takes to face the truth.
        Marr te gaye aaN ........per Chassss aaa gai A

Comment

Lying is so much better in certain cases where speaking the truth will not only hurt spouse`s feelings but will also be quite selfish and rude.

Comment

• redvelvet
            redvelvet commented
            Editing a comment
            Some say that lying to spare a person's feelings reflects love because it shows that you are afraid to lose them. However, the flip-side argument of that is lying can also mean that you don't find them to be worthy of knowing the truth.

If the situation requires the truth to be stated, I'd go with the truth else stay silent.
          Life Is Too Short To Wake Up With Regrets.Love the people who treat you right & have compassion for the ones who don't.
          Half of a person's beauty comes from the tongue

Comment

• redvelvet
            redvelvet commented
            Editing a comment
            Sometimes silence can be interpreted as either a yes or a no depending upon the question. Silence can speak volumes. And in relationships silence can sometimes hurt more and cut more deeply than words.

• LP
            LP commented
            Editing a comment
            In such cases I would tell the truth. Or I would use words to my advantage without lying.
            Lies irk me, regardless of how well intended they are.

A truth that's told with bad intent / Beats all the lies you can invent.

on the other hand :

Today I bent the truth to be kind, and I have no regret, for I am far surer of what is kind than I am of what is true.

redvelvet "So then it all boils down to one's intentions?

How would you compare a lie that is told to save one's butt......to .....a truth that is told with bad intent? Equally bad?" Maybe is hard to say!
          Last edited by Obama; 2 weeks ago.
          We don't see things as they are; we see things as we are!

Comment

• redvelvet
            redvelvet commented
            Editing a comment
            So then it all boils down to one's intentions?

How would you compare a lie that is told to save one's butt......to .....a truth that is told with bad intent? Equally bad?

There are two kinds of truth: the truth that lights the way and the truth that warms the heart. The first of these is science, and the second is art.
          We don't see things as they are; we see things as we are!

Comment

Standing truth all the time...

Comment

What %age of women can actually take truth on its face value?
              My degree of sarcasm is directly related with your level of stupidity.
              "Hamari Koi aur branch nahi hai"

Comment

• Bobby1
                Bobby1 commented
                Editing a comment
                What percent of men can handle truth? Baby you are short, you are bald, you have rolled shoulders, you have bad breath, scrawny arms, legs and are deficient in manhood and yet act with arrogance like you are a gift to humanity, baby you are a coward outside but you sure act macho when it comes time to abuse wife and children...true story.

Neither.

Strongest reflection of your eternal love in his humble abode of a rock we live on, are yo kidz. Look at them and pat each other on the back.
              Also, materialistically speaking, letting the Mrs. have one of the paychecks as a spontaneous expression also works.
              Boycott Indian economy. Buy Pakistani!

Comment

The actual reason I came on was to show someone an emoji that's GS exclusive. Wish GS could make loads of $ by letting Apple lease some of these. They're quite good...quite good.

<<<< This one! So supremely confident. Almost like PML(N) before the elections iKid. This post may be moved to obscurity.
                Boycott Indian economy. Buy Pakistani!

Comment

Originally posted by teggy View Post
                  The actual reason I came on was to show someone an emoji that's GS exclusive. Wish GS could make loads of $ by letting Apple lease some of these. They're quite good...quite good.

<<<< This one! So supremely confident. Almost like PML(N) before the elections iKid. This post may be moved to obscurity.
                  These emoticons + Your post count almost reaching 20K + Nya Pakistan = Enough reasons for you to keep coming
                  We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star." -- Stephen Hawking

Comment

Uh oh
                    Why isn't the Dividend story among the featured threads?

Comment

Originally posted by teggy View Post

Good to see you,

hows married life going on? You nust be experianced with this truth and lie now

truth, lie in the end always hurt, even i myself can?t stand with lies or lying person, my opinion
                      “The keys to the life of the heart lie in reflecting upon the Quran, being humble before Allah in secret, and leaving sins.” Ibn Qayyim al Jawziyyah

Comment

Working...
                      X