The Ending...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Ending...

Would you rather know how and when your life will end....or....would you rather not know at all? And why? What items do you have on your bucket list?

Also, I have not come across many cases of Muslim NDEs. Does anyone know of any?

I know...I know....these are sombre questions.

Good dark topic but important. I've gone through so much that now i often think about it.

What's NDE?

The bucket list is an entirely different topic
    We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star." -- Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Southie
      Southie commented
      Editing a comment
      Non Disclosure Egreement

• SID_NY
      SID_NY commented
      Editing a comment
      Southie haha , then it should be non-disclosure EGGrement, between a hen and her betterhalf

• Southie
      Southie commented
      Editing a comment
      Very nicely done

I think not knowing is a better option.
    If we knew, we would sin and repent right before death. In that case, would we still have the option to repent though ? Maybe not.
    Life Is Too Short To Wake Up With Regrets.Love the people who treat you right & have compassion for the ones who don't.
    Half of a person's beauty comes from the tongue

Comment

The best Qissa from amoung our Prophets that I heard was of what happened to Hazarat Ibrahim ES! when the Angel Azrael came with intructions from Allah SWT!

Allah Subhanhu wa Taala gave instruction to the Angel that the Angel is to asks permission from Ibrahim ES before he captures Ibrahim's Soul!

So the Angel Azraeel comes to the Holy Prophet Ibrahim ES and says it is time to go! do I have your permission to take your soul Oh Friend of Allah SWT.

Hazrat Ibrahim replies No I am busy and have still some things to do! Go away!

Then the Angel says, but your Friend is waiting!

That is when Ibrahim ES says I am ready!

Subhan Allah!
      Balaghal-ula bi-kamaalihi / Kashafad-duja bi-jamaalihi / Hasunat jameeu khisaalihi / Sallu alaihi wa aalihi

Comment

Good point by @LP I don`t wanna find out either. As far as NDEs are concerned, very rarely but people have hinted at seeing some entity moments before they die. And when they see that entity, they have no doubt what it is and why it`s there. From the accounts I`ve heard of, that entity is not scary and is usually hinted at in a matter-of-fact kind of way by the person seeing it.

Comment

I wouldn't want to know.
          Last edited by aqua70; 3 weeks ago.
          Anything worth doing is worth doing well.

Comment

I've been researching NDEs and there is a dearth of accounts from Muslims and I wonder why that is. I've come across many non-Muslim accounts of NDEs. There appear to be common features across the board such as hovering over the body, seeing a beautiful "light" etc. So I was wondering if anyone has had or knew someone who had such an experience.

And to answer my own question, I wouldn't want to know about my time of death either. Ignorance is bliss in this case. I'd become way too consumed with the when/how of it that it would prevent me from enjoying the present.
            Last edited by redvelvet; 3 weeks ago.

Comment

I'm not particularly concerned for how I am supposed to finally croak. It is an interesting thing to think about and you never really know what will happen in your life to lead up to your death. Knowing this, I'll just do my job by living a healthy lifestyle and avoiding trouble.

Comment

It is super rare for a dying person to give hints about such things to those around. I know of only 2 such accounts corroborated by people I know. Both persons were quite old and sick before their death. And both accounts are quite bland and uninteresting.

In the first case this old lady pointed toward a sidewall of her room while asking to see her youngest son as `they` had come. Within seconds of seeing her son, she passed away.

In the second case, this old man wished to make wadoo as ?they? had come. He avoided bumping into `them` on his way to do the wadoo. After the wadoo and the walk back to his bed, he too passed away.

Comment

^Similar to decentguy's stories. When my nani ami was sick, toward the end, she saw her family standing in the corner of the room (all of whom had passed away before her) and told my mom she wasn't going out of the hospital alive.
                  Anything worth doing is worth doing well.

Comment

• redvelvet
                    redvelvet commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Junaid Jamshed's account of his mother's passing is similar. When she was on her deathbed, she spoke of seeing people in the room that others could not see. So this appears to be a common feature, too. And personally, I think it's comforting because it reinforces the belief that there's a world beyond our earthly existence. That isn't just "the end" after we check out of here.

• aqua70
                    aqua70 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Agreed red.

If the information regarding when my life would end is made known to me somehow, it would definitely have a great deal of impact on how I spend the rest of my days. In general, Ill evaluate the life already spent and see how I can improve the remaining life. Sorta like a self-assessment. I would spend more time in ibadaah and spend as much as I can on charity.

The bucket list would definitely include performing Hajj.

I hope this reply has not ruined your thread.
                  “Every son of Adam sins, and the best of those who sin are those who repent.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 2499; classed as hasan by al-Albaani.

Comment

It has it's pros and cons, but I would rather not know. I think one would start living towards it. Waiting for the time to come. Become paranoid.

Comment

Originally posted by SID_NY View Post
                      Good dark topic but important. I've gone through so much that now i often think about it.

What's NDE?

The bucket list is an entirely different topic
                      NDE Near Death Experience!

I have had more than my share of these, I would call them Close Calls!

but then again Y'All are talking about something else!

Heaven can wait til another Day!
                      We don't see things as they are; we see things as we are!

Comment

Surely you'd wanna know so then you could prevent it from happening? Like a butterfly effect?

Comment

Not knowing as it will hurt more ...
                          Our Lord, avert from us the punishment of Jahannam (the Hell); indeed, its punishment is a persisting affliction.” (65) Indeed, it is evil as an abode and a place to dwell in (66)

Comment

Working...
                          X