Once Upon a Time....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Once Upon a Time....

What is your favorite fairy-tale story? And why?

Sindbad Jahazi From Alif Laila

That was my favorite bec. it was my bed time story and also bec. there were so many adventures of Sindbad Jahazi which would take my mind into this amazing imaginary world.

Comment

^Thank you for sharing. I never got into Sinbad or Ali Baba or Aladdin, etc.

I was an avid reader of fairy tales. I've found that my students are not aware of many of the stories that I grew up reading. They know about the ones that have featured as Disney movies (Cinderella, Beauty and the Beast, Snow White, etc etc)......but not so much about Hansel and Gretel, The Shoemaker and the Elves, etc etc.

My favorite is Peter Pan, which strangely, I never read or watched as a kid. About 4 years ago my students had to read the classic version of Peter Pan as a class and that's the first time that I was exposed to the story in greater detail and I fell in love with it. I guess I'm still a big kid and the book is usually better than the movie. I love the idea of escaping to another world (Never Land) where you never grow up, never age, and live out the kinds of adventures that only books and dreams are made of. I like the tension between Peter Pan and Wendy and a part of me wishes they would have ended up together.....but in a way it's good that they didn't....it sets the ending apart from the other fairy tales.

Comment

There r so many fascinating stories in Hindu mythology that Incant think of much beyond.

Mahabali vetal or Phantom, Mandrake, by Lee Falk in the sixties and seventies captured my imagination. Enid Blyton series were amazing. Amar Chitra katha had lot of nice stories.

Did that hat answer your question, redvelvetu?

I am so proud I didn?t bring up my six packu in this threadu
        Why isn't the Dividend story among the featured threads?

Comment

• Southie
          Southie commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, it is an adventure fantasy. I don’t know too many fairy tales. Mary Poppins comes to mind. After that, a blank.

Did I mention Mary Poppins?

• redvelvet
          redvelvet commented
          Editing a comment
          LOL, no you didn't.

There is someone at work who reminds me of Mary Poppins ...on steroids though. Always smiling, always positive, always cheerful. Once did a little dance in front of the elevator and my soul rolled its eyes while I thought to myself..."C'mon lady, it's too early in the day for that." And then last week, I saw her snap at someone. ~GASP~....it was funny. I didn't laugh in front of her cuz she had a legit reason to be mad. But boy did I chuckle afterward. I didn't think anything could set her off. I don't think Mary Poppins would be classed as a fairy tale either.

• Southie
          Southie commented
          Editing a comment
          Now you burst my bubblu, redvelvetu. I was so proud I knew one fairy tale.

Originally posted by Southie View Post

I am so proud I didn?t bring up my six packu in this threadu
        And look how you have succeeded.

Last edited by redvelvet; 4 weeks ago.

Comment

This was a very interesting Pari Show I watched.

I got bullied into taking my video down, small men like making threats. Repurcussions of consequences from a forum with zilch activity...lol
          Last edited by Bobby1; 3 weeks ago.

Comment

Bobby1

Do you know how to read at all? Your video/post is not relevant to the topic ....yet again. We're talking about fictional stories. Not real life crimes. Duhhrrrrrrr.

Comment

Thank you Bobby1 for editing your post. See if we all act responsibly we dont need mods to interfere
              Last edited by SID_NY; 3 weeks ago.
              We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star." -- Stephen Hawking

Comment

• SID_NY
                SID_NY commented
                Editing a comment
                They are disguised

• redvelvet
                redvelvet commented
                Editing a comment
                It's the Tharrapri crowd isn't it?

• SID_NY
                SID_NY commented
                Editing a comment
                Tharrapri bole to?

ROTFL

My thread was so dead. Ab dekho now Bob's diversionary move will bring in more traffic (fingers crossed).

Traffic and tharrapris!

Comment

I was born with a nerd attitude switching back n forth to sports/athletics. So absolutely no interest in Fairy tales. I did used to read a lot of stories of Phantom and Mandrake. But meh, it was a timepass.

I think Ali baba was a fascinating story. Alif Laila, not so much.

RV, why so girly list of stories?
                We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star." -- Stephen Hawking

Comment

Bobby1 "This was a very interesting Pari Show I watched."

[COLOR=#EE82EE]Well Bobby1 you are showing here that Truth is stranger than A Fairy Tale Fiction!

I got to hand it to you and your Imagination

Last edited by SindSagar; 3 weeks ago.
                  Balaghal-ula bi-kamaalihi / Kashafad-duja bi-jamaalihi / Hasunat jameeu khisaalihi / Sallu alaihi wa aalihi

Comment

Originally posted by redvelvet View Post
                    ROTFL

My thread was so dead. Ab dekho now Bob's diversionary move will bring in more traffic (fingers crossed).

Traffic and tharrapris!
                    Right @redvelvet he brought us a real life "Parree"/Fairy Tale from our own Homeland!

Also redvelvet He used a play on words because the man posing as "Parree" faking surgeries on unsuspecting public got caught!
                    Last edited by SindSagar; 3 weeks ago.
                    Balaghal-ula bi-kamaalihi / Kashafad-duja bi-jamaalihi / Hasunat jameeu khisaalihi / Sallu alaihi wa aalihi

Comment

• redvelvet
                      redvelvet commented
                      Editing a comment
                      ^Only fairy tales by definition are not real. Call a spade a spade. He was off on another tangent as usual.

Does tarzan count?

(without or without chaddi)
                    My degree of sarcasm is directly related with your level of stupidity.
                    "Hamari Koi aur branch nahi hai"

Comment

• redvelvet
                      redvelvet commented
                      Editing a comment
                      The chaddi can stay put. True to your nick, you just cannot quit the bathroom humor can you?

I missed the fun..
                    So verily... with every difficulty, there is relief. Al-Quran 94 : 5-6

Comment

[
                      redvelvet commented
                      12 minutes ago
                      The chaddi can stay put. True to your nick, you just cannot quit the bathroom humor can you? ]

Butt, holy no bring bathroom humor et aaal.

To holy's point, Tarzan was raised by Guerilla. Have you ever seen a Guerilla wearing a chaddi? Why would tarzan have it on?
                      #naraz

Kya ye khula tazaad nahi?
                      My degree of sarcasm is directly related with your level of stupidity.
                      "Hamari Koi aur branch nahi hai"

Comment

• redvelvet
                        redvelvet commented
                        Editing a comment

Guerillas are usually dressed. Gorillas, on the other hand, are not. Dono main faraq hai.
                    Working...
                    X