• Show
Clear All

• Eid-ul-Adha mubarak!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	eid-ul-adha.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	16637414

Eid mubarak to all of my GS family! And if you or your family are the luckiest ones to perform Hajj, many congrats on that as well.

May ALLAH accept your Ibadah including qurbani.

How are you celebrating Eid? Do you dare do or watch qurbani by yourself? How about some new clothes this Eid?

Please do share the detail.

We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star." -- Stephen Hawking

Eid Mubarak to everyone on GS!
    www.instagram.com/sabacooks
    What good am I if i can't be me.

Comment

Eid Mubarak. Sid and Sidra

I had to add ra to make sid into sidra.
      ﺃﷲ ﻧﯣﺮ ﺇﺴﻣﺇﯣﺇﺕ ﯣﺇﻠﺄﺮﺾ_ Best cheese-maker of monkVille

Comment

• Doppleganger
        Doppleganger commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh wow WHAT A GENIUS !

Someone get him to head SUPARCO stat !

Eid Mubarak! And Khair Mubarak!!!!
      Whether I love you or hate you, both are in your favor. If I love you, you'll occupy my heart. If I hate you, you'll occupy my mind. Either way, you have a part of me. So, take care of yourself. ~ Shakespeare, edited.

Comment

Originally posted by SID_NY View Post
        Click image for larger version  Name:	eid-ul-adha.jpg Views:	1 Size:	34.9 KB ID:	16637414

How are you celebrating Eid? Do you dare do or watch qurbani by yourself? How about some new clothes this Eid?

Please do share the detail.
        Okay, Sid, since you insist...I will share details.

I rarely take off for Eid from work. But this year I made an exception. I decided to take off only a half day. I know....how adventurous of me. But the students had a standardized test to take in the morning and I feared they wouldn't take it as seriously under the supervision of a sub. As they say, "When the cat's away, the mice will play." So, I decided to stick around for the test and then jet the hell outa there. And leave I did, but I couldn't get away. I may have nazar'ed my much awaited khushi. I ended up locking myself out of my car. I didn't have my spare key with me and even if I did, it wouldn't have helped. The spare would have been in my purse and the purse (which also contained my cell phone) was locked in the car. It was a long hike back to the school building. I asked one of the campus cops if he could unlock my car for me as I was told that sometimes they can do that. But the cop smilingly (and very earnestly) told me that he only does such naik favors if there is a mujrim in the car. Isn't that sooo cute, Sid? Dream on buddy....tujhay aisi heroic break kabhi nahi milne wali. So, I had to wait for Triple A guy and Alhumdolillah he came sooner than i was told. My half-day break started a bit later but still, I was glad to get out.
        Whether I love you or hate you, both are in your favor. If I love you, you'll occupy my heart. If I hate you, you'll occupy my mind. Either way, you have a part of me. So, take care of yourself. ~ Shakespeare, edited.

Comment

• SID_NY
          SID_NY commented
          Editing a comment
          O boy thats one heck of a day. In older cars there are ways to unlock the car but a rod or some handy but shady skills but the new cars dont have it. Luckily AAA sends the guy for such incidents much earlier than say for a tow. Talking about that I had to take help of AAA just yesterday as well when my car's fan belt broke right in the middle on highway. It had to be towed.
          And why dont you take day off on Eid? I personally think we all should. And isnt it summer vaca right now?
          Anywaz, Eid mubarak!

EID Mubarak to all GS Members and their Families! attended EID prayer in the Open Park where we had almost 800 to 900 people attended, was quite a scene!

Used to do the Qurbani here but now seems it is better to have it done in Pakistan where it can easily be distributed among the Needy!
        Balaghal-ula bi-kamaalihi / Kashafad-duja bi-jamaalihi / Hasunat jameeu khisaalihi / Sallu alaihi wa aalihi

Comment

• SID_NY
          SID_NY commented
          Editing a comment
          Eid Miubarak. I was supposed to do sacrifice yesterday but its difficult on workday so will take some time off today to get it done

• Doppleganger
          Doppleganger commented
          Editing a comment
          You slaughter cows in your lawn !? Damn SID daaamnn Tupac and Biggie should bow to you.

• SID_NY
          SID_NY commented
          Editing a comment
          Doppleganger haha I wish actually if I live in the country side I could get all that done in backyard. But no. There is a farm house at some distance, not so far, and I go there every year to have atleast one goat sacrificed. Rest is done in home country as usual. The one we dont even get a taste of

Eid Mubarak.

I asked a colleague why you have one more Eid since one just got over. He explained this one is soon after Haj. So now I know. That is how I spend this Eid.
        Why isn't the Dividend story among the featured threads?

Comment

• SID_NY
          SID_NY commented
          Editing a comment
          Eid Mubarak. This eid we did plenty of prayers for Kerala flood victims

Thanks Sid. Thank you very much.
        Why isn't the Dividend story among the featured threads?

Comment

Eid Mubarak to the Muslim Ummah

AND PAKISTAN ZINDABAD

Comment

• SID_NY
            SID_NY commented
            Editing a comment
            Atleast we know the profession of bobby digital now. How much did you earn btw?

PS: You need to find new pics. Not from the days when baqr-eid used to be in winter

• Cashmere
            Cashmere commented
            Editing a comment
            SID_NY Bobby Digital is the person in the first picture, all the way to center left searching for a bovine brain to accommodate his vacant skull.

• Cashmere
            Cashmere commented
            Editing a comment
            redvelvet We don't get to see all that many, so let's enjoy such spectacles while they last

Eid Mubarak to everyone!
          My first Eid without dressing up. My first eid spent working.
          Got off work at 4, drove 2 exhausting hours to have late lunch with parents, which resulted in a dinner, ate and knocked myself out on the couch. Woke up at 10 PM and drove back home.

I miss those well spent childhood eids.
          "Understand the nature of impurity. If your key is bent, the lock will not open." Rumi

Comment

• redvelvet
            redvelvet commented
            Editing a comment
            You're right. Eid was so much funner as a kid. From the moment that you woke up, you felt his energy about you. Looking forward to wearing that new dress, visiting family friends, etc. I can't recall at exactly which point things changed? I wonder if people feel the same way about Christmas.

• Cashmere
            Cashmere commented
            Editing a comment
            I'd hardly sleep at night, turning on my side lamp to take multiple quick peeks at my henna hoping I hadn't ruined it in my jungli sleep. Mornings were all about excitement, wearing the newest dress. One for morning Eid, vermicelli breakfast, and all other excitement. Second dress was right before the guests came in. And of course, there was a third too because I was a show off.
            It all probably changes around age 17-18. The transition into adulthood has you thinking none of this matters as much.
            I'm sure the same is true for Christmas, because for kids excitement for everything is multiplied by 1000. I used to get excited for the most pathetically minor things like my mom opening her luggage.

• SID_NY
            SID_NY commented
            Editing a comment
            Working on eid day sucks honestly. Even if you have nothing else to do, the feeling of you working on a celebration day kills. I remember having multiple dresses too lol. My mom always insisted my dad for it. Funny I was remembering the same earlier

Celebrated Eid a day later than most people. It was a normal Eid with the family.

Comment

Eid first day was normal. I was doing the qurbaani on 2nd day of Eid. So attended the prayers at 6:30 AM at the local mosque and then meet and greet and visited the graveyard to offer fateha for my father and others. Then the mandatory visit to some of the relatives and of course giving Eidi to lil kids. Sheer Khorma or Kheer plus chana chaat are a must in our household every eid, so had my fair share of that all throughout the day.

Had purchased the goat a couple of days before Eid. It felt satisfying to pamper him up with food and water and all that jazz. Gave him the shower a day before the 1st day of Eid. I must say I developed a bit of attachment with the dude in these 2 days. I think thats the whole point of sacrifice, you sacrifice something that is dear to you for the sake of Allah. I have yet to learn to slaughter an animal with my own hands so the butcher was called and he took care of it while I just put him hand on top of the butcher's knife and recited the takbeer. The meat cutting process took about 4-5 hours and after that it was my duty to take the meat packets to various people in the neighborhood along with the family. The packet for the needy was also prepared of course. Since this took almost the whole day, i felt exhausted by the end of the day. The weather has also been muggy and humid after the overnight rain.

All the BBQ plans are now scheduled for the weekend. Y'all are invited.
            “Every son of Adam sins, and the best of those who sin are those who repent.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 2499; classed as hasan by al-Albaani.

Comment

• SID_NY
              SID_NY commented
              Editing a comment
              Eid mubarak. The best part of this eid comes with the pleasure of having our own bakra or whichever roaming around and petting so that gives an attachment. But thats the spirit.
              I think for most of us Eid is best spent in Pakistan. I was there in 2014. Need to redo, possibly in a couple of years

Belated Eid Mubarak guys

mera gosht khatam hogaya hai.. kis kis ke paas bacha hua hai qurbani ka gosht??

Comment

all of the days went extremely well, which is kinda different for me.. coz usually boredom spreads everywhere on this Eid.. however about the 1st day, I didnt find butcher to slaughter and above that I bought the cow on 1st day, I had so many guests that day.. had fun.. butchers had my 2nd day, which was kinda rough as usually.. and finally my day(3rd), went on a longgg drive and ride as well with friends, BBQ tarqa sharqa, etc..

Comment

• SID_NY
                SID_NY commented
                Editing a comment
                Eid Mubarak. I'm sure 3rd day must be the best for you

• Hakuna Matata
                Hakuna Matata commented
                Editing a comment
                yup.. thanks,,
            Working...
            X