One sheep, Two Sheep, Three Sheep....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One sheep, Two Sheep, Three Sheep....

Just as I had feared and true to summer break fashion, my sleep cycle has gone awry. Hence, this thread is dedicated to that one bliss, free of charge, that evades us all at some point: Sleep. Also, it's in keeping with the somnolent ambiance of the forum. <-- (emoji intended sarcastically).

So people....

1) What do you do when sleep evades you?

2) What are your sleep habits? Do you sleep like the dead? Are you a light sleeper, very much aware of the slightest sounds? Do you sleep prettily without a peep? Do you play the nose trumpet (snore)? Do you talk to yourself? Are you a blanket stealer?

3) Can you manage to sleep most of the duration of a flight? Or do you only get a few snatches of zzz's? Are you the self-conscious kind that dare not let anyone catch you at your less-than-best face forward? Are you a flexible sleeper, the kind that can sleep soundly anywhere on this earth and underneath the stars? Or do your prefer the comfort of familiar surroundings?

Discuss. ( And keep it CLEAN )
    Last edited by redvelvet; 2 weeks ago.
    Do I dare disturb the universe? In a minute there is time. For decisions and revisions which a minute will reverse.

I sleep like i am dead to the world, like i am drunk, and nothing on this planet can wake me up. Although my daily routine does not let me sleep much but given a chance, i can sleep for days. And noo, i do not snore, i always keep my mouth shut, always sleep on back or right side at the time of sleeping but when i wake up, i find myself in this position....
    So verily... with every difficulty, there is relief. Al-Quran 94 : 5-6

Comment

No redvelvet... No sheep!

You don't hear a peep!

When I sleep!

however it is not the same on an airplane!

with all the noise and vibration! in a cramped space and the sleep cycle disruption!

all ads up to Jet Laag!

So when sleep evades I evade sleep by turning to a book or TV!

eventually exhaustion overtakes and brings on sleep mode!

We don't see things as they are; we see things as we are!

Comment

Kuch samaj mai nay aaye he kia cheez han aor kia discussion ho rahe hn
        Elixir Hair Transplant Clinic in Islamabad

Comment

I am part of "khotay gorhay bech ke sone wale" once i get to sleep.
          Two situations which def lead me to insomnia : daytime napping (20 minutes nap turning into 4 hours sleep) OR flow of thought. For the latter, guided meditation techniques works really well with me.
          Few ressources in English here : https://medical.mit.edu/community/sleep/resources
          https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...llReviews=true

I could have blogged about this, but alas my post count is too low... Southie

Comment

Originally posted by micmac View Post
            I am part of "khotay gorhay bech ke sone wale" once i get to sleep.

So do you go, One Khota, Two Khota, Three Khota instead?
            “Every son of Adam sins, and the best of those who sin are those who repent.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 2499; classed as hasan by al-Albaani.

Comment

You should know better Sheeda. Why don't we ask Le Pakistan to shed some light on this expression.

Comment

Atleast we know now velvy doesnt have a khali dimagh. Something keeps her up.

My degree of sarcasm is directly related with your level of stupidity.
                "Hamari Koi aur branch nahi hai"

Comment

• redvelvet
                  redvelvet commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It's a guilty conscience that keeps me up at the wee hours of the night, Lotay. I've half a mind to commit a certain dastardly deed; I'd like to throw you out the way the Banks family would throw out Jazz in Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. Sleep with your eyes open.

Is Lotay an endearing form of Lota or is it plural form of Lota
                Why isn't the Dividend story among the featured threads?

Comment

Originally posted by Southie View Post
                  Is Lotay an endearing form of Lota or is it plural form of Lota
                  It's neither Southie-6-Pack!

If you see a fat person, you can either call him Mota or Motay. Actually, if you were speaking directly to him you would say Motay. So, tell me then, is Motay an endearing form? Nope. It's just another variant of the same address.
                  Do I dare disturb the universe? In a minute there is time. For decisions and revisions which a minute will reverse.

Comment

Jhoot bolay kawa balke kawwi katay. Velvy is only karing Lotay Lotay pyar se. So all endearing Southie babu.

See now she will be up till 6am.

#InsertDevilEmoticon
                    My degree of sarcasm is directly related with your level of stupidity.
                    "Hamari Koi aur branch nahi hai"

Comment

• redvelvet
                      redvelvet commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Lotay has never come across any female that he didn't believe was lattoo over him. If he couldn't spare Tissues, what hope do the rest of us have. Sure, Lotay, we are all in love with you. Tell yourself whatever you want if it helps you sleep at night. Good night!

Originally posted by redvelvet View Post

It's neither Southie-6-Pack!

If you see a fat person, you can either call him Mota or Motay. Actually, if you were speaking directly to him you would say Motay. So, tell me then, is Motay an endearing form? Nope. It's just another variant of the same address.
                    Thank you, redvelvetay
                    Why isn't the Dividend story among the featured threads?

Comment

Working...
                    X