Old PTV dramas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old PTV dramas

Dhuwan gets first spot, followed by Ansoo, dosri duniya, bandhan and Landa Bazar, that's my list. I watched waris on YouTube recently and loved the story. Do not know why PTV does not make such dramas anymore.
    So verily... with every difficulty, there is relief. Al-Quran 94 : 5-6

Could not get into Landa Bazaar. I watched Dhoop Kinaray about 3 years ago after hearing recommendations for a loooong time. Minus the screaming Booa Ji and the chichora Dr. Irfan who wore his white coat like a cape, it really was a very good drama. Also watched Ashfaque Ahmed's Man Chalay Ka Sauda last month because I wanted food for my soul. I enjoyed it, but I wished there was an online commentary on the drama that explains the events as you can find for novels. I even wish the novel was translated in English.
    I think that if you let me....I'd treat you like the sky
    I'd join up all your insecurities...And bundle all your flaws
    I'd create a new constellation....And search for it endlessly

Comment

Originally posted by redvelvet View Post
      Could not get into Landa Bazaar. I watched Dhoop Kinaray about 3 years ago after hearing recommendations for a loooong time. Minus the screaming Booa Ji and the chichora Dr. Irfan who wore his white coat like a cape, it really was a very good drama. Also watched Ashfaque Ahmed's Man Chalay Ka Sauda last month because I wanted food for my soul. I enjoyed it, but I wished there was an online commentary on the drama that explains the events as you can find for novels. I even wish the novel was translated in English.
      Ohh i completely forgot to mention ashfaq ahmed's dramas. I still remember when Ashfaq Ahmed died in 2004, PTV played some of his dramas to pay homage. My elder sister and i used to stay awake till late at night just to watch his dramas. I remember watching "tota kahani", maanchaly ka sooda" and there was one more in which nabeel the dhuwan actor played leading role. Aww those were the days.
      Last edited by Pakistani Prince; Jul 12th, 2018, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Landa Bazar was very popular back then... I am surprised you did not like it. May be you do not like gunda-gardi and all.

Comment

Alif noon, dhoop kinare, tanhaiyaan, ankahi, ainak wala jin (great show for kids), Aansoo to name a few.

You know with landa bazaar, I couldn't get into that drama back in Pak, it was just way too dramatic for me lol but I finished watching it a few yrs ago, also the main actress in that drama is gorgeous. Oh how can I forget, I freaking loved Masuri, I love the music in that drama. Recently I was listening to the radio and this Justin timberlake song comes on, the beginning they stole it or sampled it or whatever from the masuri's song. At first I was like woahhhh, why is this playing on the radio? but then it cuts to JB singing.
          Anything worth doing is worth doing well.

Comment

• redvelvet
            redvelvet commented
            Editing a comment
            By main actress you mean Farah Shah, right? She wore alooooottttttt of makeup! She looks very different know and is not as popular as she once was. The last drama I saw her in was Fawad Khan's Numm where she played a reclusive old woman and was barely recognizable.

• aqua70
            aqua70 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, I believe she wore circle lenses at times to enhance her eyes too but makeup or not, I think she looked nice in that drama.

Originally posted by aqua70 View Post
          Alif noon, dhoop kinare, tanhaiyaan, ankahi, ainak wala jin (great show for kids), Aansoo to name a few.

You know with landa bazaar, I couldn't get into that drama back in Pak, it was just way too dramatic for me lol but I finished watching it a few yrs ago, also the main actress in that drama is gorgeous. Oh how can I forget, I freaking loved Masuri, I love the music in that drama. Recently I was listening to the radio and this Justin timberlake song comes on, the beginning they stole it or sampled it or whatever from the masuri's song. At first I was like woahhhh, why is this playing on the radio? but then it cuts to JB singing.
          What i liked about Landa bazar was Balli Vs Hukam sceans... It was like indo-Pak armies are about to collide with each other and that creepy music in background was perfectly synchronized with situations.
          And ya i agree with you on masurri's music. The bansrri and other instruments made those lokk songs really melodic and pleasant to listen..
          I am glad you remember all those dramas.

Comment

The other day saw one episode of Dhoop Kinaray. Nice dialogues, light humor, good acting. Rahat Kazmi, Marina Khan, Sajid hassan (with hair). Kya baat hai.
            I'm with Prince. Where is that quality of dramas?
            My degree of sarcasm is directly related with your level of stupidity.
            "Hamari Koi aur branch nahi hai"

Comment

From late 90?s I remember :

-Family Front
              -Guest House
              -Hay Jaidi
              -Ashyana
              -Bandhan
              -Marvi
              -Sanwal
              -Rahein
              -Kashkol
              -Manzilain

Not sure if it?s all from PTV, there was also a channel called STN.

I wish there were more light-hearted comedies nowadays.

Comment

• redvelvet
                redvelvet commented
                Editing a comment
                I remember Marvi. The song, Ammaaaa Mujh ko Kaari kar k maarain ge, was chilling. You could hear the fear and desperation in those words. Later on a family friend named his daughter after the folklore character, Marvi.

Originally posted by Holy Lota View Post
              The other day saw one episode of Dhoop Kinaray. Nice dialogues, light humor, good acting. Rahat Kazmi, Marina Khan, Sajid hassan (with hair). Kya baat hai.
              I'm with Prince. Where is that quality of dramas?
              Someone once told me that all those dramas that we speak highly of were produced n directed by PTV itself and stories and novels for dramas used to be picked up by "PTV drama teams" who being the employees of state Television used to give full time and attention to each drama project assigned to them individually. But now the mass production of dramas by private drama production houses have ruined everything because they "sell" their dramas to different channels, and this has made drama production a profitable business.. Hence quality is compromised.

Comment

Originally posted by micmac View Post
                From late 90?s I remember :

-Family Front
                -Guest House
                -Hay Jaidi
                -Ashyana
                -Bandhan
                -Marvi
                -Sanwal
                -Rahein
                -Kashkol
                -Manzilain

Not sure if it?s all from PTV, there was also a channel called STN.

I wish there were more light-hearted comedies nowadays.
                Yup there used to be a channel named STN but the dramas you have mentioned here are PTV dramas.. I watched "Rahain" this Ramadan, loved the role and acting of touqeer nasir.
                I remember watching a drama named "Muskan" in which Rooh or a khobsorat bhootni or whatever you call it falls in love with a man.... If anyone has that drama, plz upload it on YouTube.

Comment

Kashkol was on STN
                  We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star." -- Stephen Hawking

Comment

I remember Kashkol. I'd watch it in the afternoon with my mom and sis. It's funny cuz my mom rarely watches dramas. Aijaz Aslam was so young in Kashkol.

Comment

• SID_NY
                      SID_NY commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I believe that was his first entry. No?

^I think you're right. Shagufta Ejaz was pretty young then too.

Comment

Working...
                    X