Sienfeld

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sienfeld

A show about 'nothing'!

They are celebrating 20 yrs since its series finale. I've watched this show in last 10 years on repeat and can still not switch if I see it anywhere. A very close tie with 'friends'.

We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star." -- Stephen Hawking

I have tried. I really have. And I don't know what it is, but I could never get into Seinfeld. I never found it funny. Friends, on the other hand, I really enjoyed....even though now I find parts of it a bit Ott.

I never really cared for some of the other popular ones either like Everybody Loves Raymond or How I Met Your Mother. Actually these days GS feels kinda like a dimly lit sitcom diner....where a few people gather around the counter on those swivel stools...more for the brief company than for the grub, lol.
    Do I dare disturb the universe? In a minute there is time. For decisions and revisions which a minute will reverse.

Comment

• SID_NY
      SID_NY commented
      Editing a comment
      Say wut!! how could you get never into Sienfeld. The best part of it is the day-to-day scenario of few farigh people and then the dialogues, like ultimate ones. And then the mix of characters like all their gfs, bfs and babu bhai, soup nazi etc. May be its a lot ny style liberal thats why some couldnt get into it.

Friends is altogether different from Sienfeld. The two should never be thrown in the mix.
      And yea the analogy with GS lol. i think it works.

^Lol, Friends is also based on a group of farigh people who have good dialogs and then throw in the bfs and gfs. But they give off a more cheerful, perky vibe than the Seinfeld cast; the former is just more likable despite their quirks.
    Do I dare disturb the universe? In a minute there is time. For decisions and revisions which a minute will reverse.

Comment

• SID_NY
      SID_NY commented
      Editing a comment
      Un Un..the whole concept of friends was based on the system of "roommates". In that way it is more like big bang theory, just the adult and non-nerdy version.
      Plus they have their professions. Ross was a lecturer/paleontologist, Chandler advertising, monica chef, pheobe was parttime singer, Rachel was more like Ilene working here n there and beloved Joey was a struggling actor.

i could never get into friends either ........ seinfeld, i have watched a few.......
    Marr te gaye aaN ........per Chassss aaa gai A

Comment

Please ban anyone who didn?t dig Seinfeld.

Anyobe seen Prince? We have a six pack match.
      Why isn't the Dividend story among the featured threads?

Comment

Hillow i am new using

Comment

Working...
        X