Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pak Vs Zim ODI series July 2018

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Junaid Khan became the 6th fastest Pakistan bowler to reach the landmark of 100 wickets in ODIs. He also became the 20th Pakistani bowler to 100 ODI wickets

    Comment


    • #17
      Innings taken to score 200 in Men's ODIs:

      17 Fakhar Zaman

      103 Rohit Sharma

      103 Martin Guptill

      234 Virender Sehwag

      261 Chris Gayle

      431 Sachin Tendulkar
      We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star." -- Stephen Hawking

      Comment


      • #18
        5th ODI on the way.. Still no chance given to benchers. Fakhar could not get another century and got out only 2nd time in the series.

        Comment


        • #19
          Centuries for Inaam and Babar but the BIG record for Fakhar

          Congrats!

          We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star." -- Stephen Hawking

          Comment


          • #20
            congrats to fakhar. he is a great prospect

            that being said, really sad state of affairs for pak cricket. all international teams are playing against each other as we speak, and here we are ... playing against Scotland, Ireland and Zimbabwe. i saw all the highlights. this Zimbabwean team is so poor that they cannot even compete a decent club let alone an international team.

            we can make all sorts of records we want against this pathetic Zimbabwe team, but hey, we are not playing competitive cricket for a while. since Champions trophy 14 months ago, we have played only 2 tests against Sri lanka (lost the series and that too at home), one test match against minnow ireland (and we were about to lose it) and 2 against England. that is it...

            5 test matches in 15 months. doob kar mar jao najam sethi. even Bangladesh played a lot more competitive cricket than us. sri lanka did. WI did. but we are playing against Zim, ireland and Scotland. najam sethi is 100% responsible for this mess. i mean what are we getting from this useless Zimbabwe series? at least play it in Pakistan, so that we can make a case Pak is ready for the international cricket. SL, WI, south africa, banga desh, england, india Aus all of them are playing against each other. why are we missing so much action. at minimum, we shd play 10 test matches in 12 months.

            Comment


            • #21
              They are saying there is lot more cricekt ahead like with NEWzealand and with Auss but why not appearing in the ICC scheudle

              Comment


              • #22
                Pakistan were ruthless in this series

                Pakistan ne zimbabwe ke gand phar de
                Pakistan ne zimbabwe ke bund maar le

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by ehsan View Post
                  Junaid Khan became the 6th fastest Pakistan bowler to reach the landmark of 100 wickets in ODIs.
                  Why no spinners among this group?
                  Why isn't the Dividend story among the featured threads?

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by phoenixdesi View Post
                    congrats to fakhar. he is a great prospect

                    that being said, really sad state of affairs for pak cricket. all international teams are playing against each other as we speak, and here we are ... playing against Scotland, Ireland and Zimbabwe. i saw all the highlights. this Zimbabwean team is so poor that they cannot even compete a decent club let alone an international team.

                    we can make all sorts of records we want against this pathetic Zimbabwe team, but hey, we are not playing competitive cricket for a while. since Champions trophy 14 months ago, we have played only 2 tests against Sri lanka (lost the series and that too at home), one test match against minnow ireland (and we were about to lose it) and 2 against England. that is it...

                    5 test matches in 15 months. doob kar mar jao najam sethi. even Bangladesh played a lot more competitive cricket than us. sri lanka did. WI did. but we are playing against Zim, ireland and Scotland. najam sethi is 100% responsible for this mess. i mean what are we getting from this useless Zimbabwe series? at least play it in Pakistan, so that we can make a case Pak is ready for the international cricket. SL, WI, south africa, banga desh, england, india Aus all of them are playing against each other. why are we missing so much action. at minimum, we shd play 10 test matches in 12 months.
                    Sethi might get the pink slip after the new govt. There is an effort in the english dailies that he should be retained since he set up the successful PSL.

                    But seriously, is West indies a good team anymore? After the eighties, they started to go downhill in the nineties when all the old players retired. Zimbabwe is bad since the whole team has probably all the white men left in the country at this point.

                    We probably need China though I don't think that they want to play since Cricket isn't a global sport or in the olympics.
                    Say no to 'islamofascism'..

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Southie View Post

                      Why no spinners among this group?
                      Saqlain on top of the list. He is 3rd ranked in the world

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by phoenixdesi View Post
                        congrats to fakhar. he is a great prospect

                        that being said, really sad state of affairs for pak cricket. all international teams are playing against each other as we speak, and here we are ... playing against Scotland, Ireland and Zimbabwe. i saw all the highlights. this Zimbabwean team is so poor that they cannot even compete a decent club let alone an international team.

                        we can make all sorts of records we want against this pathetic Zimbabwe team, but hey, we are not playing competitive cricket for a while. since Champions trophy 14 months ago, we have played only 2 tests against Sri lanka (lost the series and that too at home), one test match against minnow ireland (and we were about to lose it) and 2 against England. that is it...

                        5 test matches in 15 months. doob kar mar jao najam sethi. even Bangladesh played a lot more competitive cricket than us. sri lanka did. WI did. but we are playing against Zim, ireland and Scotland. najam sethi is 100% responsible for this mess. i mean what are we getting from this useless Zimbabwe series? at least play it in Pakistan, so that we can make a case Pak is ready for the international cricket. SL, WI, south africa, banga desh, england, india Aus all of them are playing against each other. why are we missing so much action. at minimum, we shd play 10 test matches in 12 months.
                        As usual selective comment. I was waiting for it. While mentioning Zimbabwe, scotland and Ireland you quite conveniently or deliberately forgot England and Australia. The comment against England was as an afterthought. Waiting for more objective analysis from you. Next month Pakistan will participate in Asia cup where India will eb there and then after that they will be playing a 3 test series against South africa.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Moonstar201 View Post

                          Saqlain on top of the list. He is 3rd ranked in the world
                          Then how can Juanita Khan be only the sixth fastest bowler. Surely he bowls faster than Saqlain
                          Why isn't the Dividend story among the featured threads?

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Southie View Post

                            Then how can Juanita Khan be only the sixth fastest bowler. Surely he bowls faster than Saqlain
                            Some times Junaid bowls slower than saqlain .

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by ehsan View Post

                              As usual selective comment. I was waiting for it. While mentioning Zimbabwe, scotland and Ireland you quite conveniently or deliberately forgot England and Australia. The comment against England was as an afterthought. Waiting for more objective analysis from you. Next month Pakistan will participate in Asia cup where India will eb there and then after that they will be playing a 3 test series against South africa.
                              sir jee you know this very well that I started to make noise last year in october about lack of test cricket for pakistan for 2017-2018 season. so this is not a new issue for me. Pakistan was scheduled to play one 2 tests, yes only 2 tests against sri lanka between June 2017 and may 2018 and that was it. England/Ireland test matches were scheduled after we made noise. otherwise Pak was playing only 2 test matches for the whole season...and even after england/Ireland tests, pak only played 5 tests in the full season. what a shame. and we are the last Champions trophy winner. dont we deserve better?

                              i fail to understand why do you support najam sethi so much? yes he brought PSL to life but he has done nothing to put Pak cricket on strong footing and yes our test match cricket is suffering on his watch. and what are we getting by playing absolutely rubbish useless ODI series against pathetic club level Zimbabwe and that too in Zimbabwe not in pakistam. come on, at least play this useless series in Pakistan. and what else? playing agaisnt Scotland, Ireland? oh well....big deal

                              Crap. our players are not getting enough quality test cricket janab. at minimum we need 9 tests every year. and that is bare minimum and this idiot sethi had only 2 tests for Pakistan for full season!

                              Comment


                              • SID_NY
                                SID_NY commented
                                Editing a comment
                                ^PSL did nothing good to Pakistani Cricket? Just wonder if you are the only person with cricket awareness to say that.

                                To me it has changed the whole dynamics of Pakistani strength in limited overs

                              • phoenixdesi
                                phoenixdesi commented
                                Editing a comment
                                I must say this new GS format is not that user friendly to post easily....but that is a separate topic anyway trying to respond to Sid comment. my comment was in respect to what has sethi has done for Pakistani test cricket and for first class infrastructure? not much. PSL has nothing to do with these aspects. and i will categorically state that sethi has done really well with PSL but he has exclusively focused on PSL without realizing that the ultimate strength of any team is still with its performance in test cricket and for that we need to play enough quality test cricket. why dont you respond to the main topic of my post instead of bringing limited cricket? we played 5 test matches in full season. this is a hard fact. we were originally scheduled to play only 2 test matches ...only 2! but after harsh criticism PCB managed to get 3 more. who is responsible for this mess? since CT last year in may, we have played only 5 test matches and 1 of them against irelnad. just go and check how many tests low level teams like Bangladesh, sri lanka, WI have played since may 2017 and against whom?. I am sure they have played more tests than us and none against ireland. but still you guys want no criticism of sethi, not sure why...
                            Working...
                            X