FIFA worldcup : QFs & SFs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FIFA worldcup : QFs & SFs

Today, 1st Quarter final: Uruguay v/s France.

I'm supporting Uruguay but France looks very threatening. Can be a contender to lift the cup.

2nd Quarter Final: Brazil v/s Belgium

This must be very interesting. Brazil is a better team but you never know.
    We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star." -- Stephen Hawking

Very interesting game going on between Brazil and Belgium. Despite Brazilians' beautiful foot work they are down 0-2. Can they pull a stunning comeback?
    We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star." -- Stephen Hawking

Comment

It is now all Europeans vs Europeans!

England Mahan playing tomorrow! They need Ehsan here!

Comment

Yes its kinda sad to see all good latin american teams going home by QFs.

Uruguay missed their superstar whose 2 goals made them reach this level. Suarez made some good crosses but there was no one in the center to capitalize.

Highlights:

Brazil's defeat at this level was to me atleast a surprise. I cannot say they were unlucky but I think Belgium got more lucky. Their goal keeper is certainly a hero.

highlights:

Comment

But I would still consider the SA actually Europeans as hardly there are any indegineous people in those team - all are European decendants

Comment

Its getting real for Queen's world. England won 2-0 against Sweden. Into the semis..

Comment

1st SF just started between Redhots France and Belgium. France looks better and should win. So far very careful game in first 5 minutes from both teams.

Comment

France through to the Finals. Even though I think Belgium made more scary attacks but they just couldnt convert. Congrats France fans.

Comment

the fairy tale is over for the English team.

Croatia was a much better team and even though the final score was 2 -1 only, Croats were unlucky to have missed 2 to 3 easy goals.

“Every son of Adam sins, and the best of those who sin are those who repent.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 2499; classed as hasan by al-Albaani.

Comment

So for 'God save the queen', Football is NOT coming home. Croatia kicked them out to reach the final. Wow, what an achievement by this team.

England definitely raised hopes for so many but in the end, not taking it home.

Comment

And I thought the semi finals was today.

Is the rooney guy still playing
                      Why isn't the Dividend story among the featured threads?

Comment

3rd place playoff on Saturday : England vs.Belgium
                        Final on Sunday : France vs. Croatia

Predictions?

Note to Southie : no rooney guy doesn't play in national selection anymore.

Comment

micmac you should open a seperate thread for both games

I'll be cheering for Belgium and France

Comment

• micmac
                            micmac commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Bravo Sid, you had it all right!

And Belgium uprooted England in the match for 3rd position.

Comment

Working...
                          X