Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Itna sa yad rakhna

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Itna sa yad rakhna

    Itna sa yaad rakh mujhe,

    Jaisey kisi kitaab mein,

    Beety dino k dost ka,

    Ek khat para huwa milay.

    Lafz mitey mitey sey houn,

    Rang ura ura sa ho,

    Lekin woh ajnabi na ho,

    Bhooley huway tamaam dukh,

    Guzray huway tamaam sukh,

    Beety dino ka sab kuch,

    Tujh sey kahey aur ro pary,

    Bas itna sa yaad rakh mujhe,

    K jab kabhi baat-be-baat

    yaad humari aa jaye

    tou thora sa muskura lena,

    aur dil ko yeh samjha lena,

    nadaan sa tha per acha tha.
    Twinkle Twinkle little star; You should know what you are.
    And once you know what you are; Mental hospital is not so far.

  • #2
    Beautiful..
    So verily... with every difficulty, there is relief. Al-Quran 94 : 5-6

    Comment


    • #3
      Boht khoob

      Comment


      • #4

        Comment


        • #5
          Have you ever wondered if you have occasionally crossed the mind of someone special from your past who is not longer in your present...if there was something that brought you to their mind...in the warmest of ways?

          It's a lovely poem. I wish I had a good grasp of Urdu poetry but my vocabulary alone is so limited. Thanks for sharing, OP.
          Whether I love you or hate you, both are in your favor. If I love you, you'll occupy my heart. If I hate you, you'll occupy my mind. Either way, you have a part of me. So, take care of yourself. ~ Shakespeare, edited.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by redvelvet View Post
            Have you ever wondered if you have occasionally crossed the mind of someone special from your past who is not longer in your present...if there was something that brought you to their mind...in the warmest of ways?
            Exactly this was the reason I posted this poem. I wonder what made you interpret it the way you did?

            Twinkle Twinkle little star; You should know what you are.
            And once you know what you are; Mental hospital is not so far.

            Comment


            • redvelvet
              redvelvet commented
              Editing a comment
              OP, the intent and sentiments with which you posted this poem are reflected in its words. So it wasn't difficult to interpret.

          • #7
            @Seedha Saada

            Itna sa yaad rakh mujhe,

            Jaisey kisi kitaab mein,

            Beety dino k dost ka,

            Ek khat para huwa milay.


            Good one Seedha Saada Ji!

            reminds me of a Punjabi Poem:

            yaadan vichray sajjan diyan aaiyaan

            aakhian cho meenh vasda


            Last edited by Obama; 2 weeks ago.
            We don't see things as they are; we see things as we are!

            Comment


            • #8
              Beautifully sweet and melancholic. Bas ik botal ki kami hai
              Why isn't the Dividend story among the featured threads?

              Comment


              • #9
                Gaye dino ki baat haii
                bhalii sii ik shakal thii,
                bhalii sii us ki dostii...

                ab us kii yaad raat din,
                nahi, mgR kabhii kabhii...




                Awesome poem SS, Thanks for sharing
                ~ ... palat k har taraf se kyon nazR us shaks per thehrii?
                wafa k silsilo`N kii wo, musalsal inteha thehra
                ...~

                Comment


                • #10
                  Originally posted by Southie View Post
                  Beautifully sweet and melancholic. Bas ik botal ki kami hai
                  :-)
                  Twinkle Twinkle little star; You should know what you are.
                  And once you know what you are; Mental hospital is not so far.

                  Comment


                  • #11
                    Originally posted by HeArT HaCKeR View Post
                    Gaye dino ki baat haii
                    bhalii sii ik shakal thii,
                    bhalii sii us ki dostii...

                    ab us kii yaad raat din,
                    nahi, mgR kabhii kabhii...




                    Awesome poem SS, Thanks for sharing
                    na aashiqi junoon ki ke zindagi azaab ho,
                    na is qadar kathor?pan ke dosti kharab ho,

                    so ek roz kya huwa, wafa pe behes chidd gayi,
                    mai ishq ko amar kahun, wo meri zidd se chidd gayi,

                    wo ishq ka aseer tha, wo ishq ko kafas kahe,
                    ke tamam umar k saath ko, bad?tar azhawis kahe,


                    This is also a wonderful poem HH. It inspired sighs and invoked a kind of melancholy one would rather like to have ;-)
                    Twinkle Twinkle little star; You should know what you are.
                    And once you know what you are; Mental hospital is not so far.

                    Comment


                    • #12
                      Originally posted by Seedha Saada View Post

                      na aashiqi junoon ki ke zindagi azaab ho,
                      na is qadar kathor?pan ke dosti kharab ho,

                      so ek roz kya huwa, wafa pe behes chidd gayi,
                      mai ishq ko amar kahun, wo meri zidd se chidd gayi,

                      wo ishq ka aseer tha, wo ishq ko kafas kahe,
                      ke tamam umar k saath ko, bad?tar azhawis kahe,


                      This is also a wonderful poem HH. It inspired sighs and invoked a kind of melancholy one would rather like to have ;-)
                      yes!

                      P.S Good to see you! how have you been?
                      ~ ... palat k har taraf se kyon nazR us shaks per thehrii?
                      wafa k silsilo`N kii wo, musalsal inteha thehra
                      ...~

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X