Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For years I would read regularly. But lately I've been going through a strange phase where books are not holding my attention. I am mentally distracted. Several books have piled up on my nightstand and dresser, a few of which I had started reading and then quit...

My reading list includes...

The Bell Jar (almost done)
    The Oxygen Thief (Started reading it. Liked it. Still a long ways from completion)
    The Dinner (Started reading. Found it interesting. The whole book centers around one meal at a restaurant. Need to finish)

Recently got Anna Karenina. I've always walked away from this novel for years. But for the first time I decided to give it a go. It's considered one of the greatest works of literature and so I want exposure to it.

It is my goal to finish one of them within the next two weeks. Mostly likely The Dinner.

Comment

• PunjaBee
      PunjaBee commented
      Editing a comment
      I know what you mean when books aren't holding enough attention! I, myself, finally have the time (but not for long) and gained interest to start reading again. Hope to see you back here in two weeks upon the completion of The Dinner!

• The newspaper
    "Brevity is the soul of wit." Hamlet, William Shakespeare.

Comment

• I came looking for this thread cuz I finally got some time to read!!

Stiff by Mary Roach
      "Brevity is the soul of wit." Hamlet, William Shakespeare.

Comment

• Title: Your Mind
        Authors: You and Me
        Genre: Supernatural / Paranormal
        Shine on the world like loving sunlight (Rumi).
        The most important principle of environment: you are not the only element (Mahavira)
        Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without
        (Buddha).

Comment

Working...
        X