X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What are you reading?

Originally posted by Monk View Post
    I finished "salems lot" few day ago... holy moly.... what a book.

Now trying to find time to read "IT"
    You like vampire stuff?
    Life Is Too Short To Wake Up With Regrets.Love the people who treat you right & have compassion for the ones who don't.
    Half of a person's beauty comes from the tongue

Comment

Originally posted by LP View Post
      You like vampire stuff?
      No.
      thats the thing. Still he is such a good writer that I absolutely loved the book.
      ﺃﷲ ﻧﯣﺮ ﺇﺴﻣﺇﯣﺇﺕ ﯣﺇﻠﺄﺮﺾ_ Best cheese-maker of monkVille

Comment

Curfewed Night by Basharat Peer
        Things Aren't Always #000000 AND #FFFFFF

Comment

The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath
          The one that broke the camel's back. Watch out! :snooty:

Comment

Men are from mars women are from venus - John gray

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do - Isaac Asimov

Comment

Need to finish reading A Man Called Ove. Need to finish The Mountains Echoed. Really want to start reading, The Rosie Project

Comment

Originally posted by redvelvet View Post
                Really want to start reading, The Rosie Project
                I read that one.
                Life Is Too Short To Wake Up With Regrets.Love the people who treat you right & have compassion for the ones who don't.

Comment

Originally posted by LP View Post
                  I read that one.
                  How was it?

Try reading Eleanor and Park if you haven't.

Comment

Originally posted by redvelvet View Post
                    How was it?

Try reading Eleanor and Park if you haven't.
                    I don't remember what it was about the book, but something was off. I hadn't enjoyed it as much as I had hoped to.
                    I've read Eleanor and Park and enjoyed it.

Comment

I have been trying to complete Tigerlilly's Orchids for the past four months now. Anyone read it? Spoil it for me puhleez!

Comment

I just finished reading Tell Me Three Things. And I enjoyed it; it wasn't as wonderful as Eleanor and Park....but it was still a good book. There was just one particular issue in the book that I felt was handled more tastefully in Eleanor and Park.

Now, I'm reading Girl Last Seen...which is a mystery book. I haven't even completed the first chapter yet, but so far it's got me hooked. It's about a girl who was kidnapped when she was a child and was fortunate enough to have survived. She spends a considerable amount of time researching kidnapping and missing persons cases...and one day...she learns of the disappearance of a little girl named Olivia Shaw....who looks very much like the narrator did when she was kidnapped years ago. She feels that Olivia's case might have some connections to her own kidnapping and that is what she explores.

Next on the list is, The Sun is a Star. The girl, Natasha, is very objective...believes in facts and science and logical explanations. The guy, Daniel, believes in destiny...and fate...and meant to be. They meet...and these two concepts are explored. Since I've always wondered how much of a role fate plays in our lives....I just had to pick this one up. I hope that it's a good one.

Comment

Origin - Dan Brown
                          I just wanted you to know that somebody cares. "Not me" but somebody does.

Comment

The Gebusi. It is an interesting ethnography that sheds light on an isolated ethnic group in Papua New Guinea and how their culture changes from 80s, 90s, and present day.

Comment

The Signature of All Things- Elizabeth Gilbert

Comment

@LP

If you enjoyed Eleanor and Park as I did.....I would recommend The Sun is Also a Star. It's a long book, but it moves at a fast pace and I finished it one day. I usually check out books from the library as I had done for Eleanor and Park....but I'm glad that I purchased The Sun is Also a Star because now it's part of my collection. It has that similar kind of sweetness and sincerity to it that Eleanor and Park did...and it hooks you from the first page.

As for The Rachel Project, I read only the first few pages...and I put it away. Could not get into it. Maybe it's the style of writing or perhaps the tone. I'll give it another shot though.

Comment

Working...
                                X