X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What are you reading?

Originally posted by KKF View Post
    koii Urdu paRhnewaalaa yaa paRhnewaali hai is thread meN?
    I think language doesnt matter. You are reading in urdu or whichever lingo, just share it here with your reviews
    We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star." -- Stephen Hawking

Comment

Originally posted by SID_NY View Post
      What I like about him is his wisdom and amazing lessons to learn from.

I'm reviewing this loooong thread slowly and will note down some of the names to check. You know i'm not a avid reader so havnt read most of them.
      Originally posted by Illuminate View Post

P.s I love Paulo Coehlo too
      The simple way in which he writes.The subtle manner in which his writing combines spirituality ,philosophy and psychology. Food for the soul.
      The only thing I don't like is that you can't read all his books one after the other cuz then they'll seem a bit repetitive.

We defs need a GS Book Club. Choose 1 book to read and then come back and discuss it.

I can't be a part of a book club . It takes the fun out of reading by making it feel like a chore.I can't read a book I don't like ,till the end and you have to if that's the book chosen. I like to read books in my own time..no deadline attached to it.

Originally posted by KKF View Post
      koii Urdu paRhnewaalaa yaa paRhnewaali hai is thread meN?
      I can read articles in Urdu,not books.Urdu is still time consuming for me to read and in the process of making out the words and then asking around for meaning of some words,I lose interest. I've tried reading Urdu books twice and never made it past 3-4 pages. Reading Arabic is way easier for me than Urdu.
      Life Is Too Short To Wake Up With Regrets.Love the people who treat you right & have compassion for the ones who don't.
      Half of a person's beauty comes from the tongue

Comment

We defs need a GS Book Club. Choose 1 book to read and then come back and discuss it.

P.s I love Paulo Coehlo too

Comment

Originally posted by LP View Post
          I want to read Edhi : A mirror to the blind by Tehmina Durrani
          i picked up a tehmina durrani book in pak last...karachi clifton book store...its called blasphemy...she also wrote my feudal lord, about the feudal system in the villages...i think shes great!!

Comment

Alchemist read kr li thi pori ?
            alchemist is so nice...but seems a bit too 'magical!'

Comment

Originally posted by tamanna View Post
              Suggest me a good book
              We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star." -- Stephen Hawking

Comment

Suggest me a good book
                Reasons to stay alive by Matt Haig
                It's a memoir
                I loved it because I could relate to it. Felt like the author was the only person in the world who could understand me
                Life Is Too Short To Wake Up With Regrets.Love the people who treat you right & have compassion for the ones who don't.

Comment

Magical was fine. I don't mind it. The message was the important thing

Comment

i picked up a tehmina durrani book in pak last...karachi clifton book store...its called blasphemy...she also wrote my feudal lord, about the feudal system in the villages...i think shes great!!
                    I haven't read any books by her. Still didn't get my hands on it

Comment

Oh I've read my fuedal lord. Thats based on her filthy rich ex-husband politician with like 8 wives or so.

Comment

Reasons to stay alive by Matt Haig
                        It's a memoir
                        I loved it because I could relate to it. Felt like the author was the only person in the world who could understand me

I'll be reading it during travel so make sure to suggest a interesting book :\

Comment

Suggest me a good book
                          this is the new author i like..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chimamanda_Ngozi_Adichie..

what i was reading..

Dear Ijeawele, or A Feminist Manifesto in Fifteen Suggestions,

Comment

Magical was fine. I don't mind it. The message was the important thing

Comment

The 48 laws of power

Comment

*wishfulthinking*

Comment

Working...
                                X