• Accomplished
  • Aggravated
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Anxious
  • Apathetic
  • Artistic
  • Awake
  • Bitchy
  • Blah
  • Blank
  • Bored
  • Bouncy
  • Busy
  • Calm
  • Cheerful
  • Chipper
  • Cold
  • Complacent
  • Confused
  • Contemplative
  • Content
  • Cranky
  • Crappy
  • Crazy
  • Creative
  • Crushed
  • Curious
  • Cynical
  • Depressed
  • Determined
  • Devious
  • Dirty
  • Disappointed
  • Discontent
  • Disgusted
  • Distressed
  • Ditzy
  • Dorky
  • Drained
  • Drunk
  • Ecstatic
  • Embarrassed
  • Energetic
  • Enraged
  • Enthralled
  • Envious
  • Exanimate
  • Excited
  • Exhausted
  • Flirty
  • Frustrated
  • Full
  • Geeky
  • Giddy
  • Giggly
  • Gloomy
  • Good
  • Grateful
  • Groggy
  • Grumpy
  • Guilty
  • Happy
  • High
  • Hopeful
  • Horny
  • Hot
  • Hungry
  • Hyper
  • Impressed
  • Indescribable
  • Indifferent
  • Infuriated
  • Intimidated
  • Irate
  • Irritated
  • Jealous
  • Jubilant
  • Lazy
  • Lethargic
  • Listless
  • Lonely
  • Loved
  • Melancholy
  • Mellow
  • Mischievous
  • Moody
  • Morose
  • Naughty
  • Nauseated
  • Nerdy
  • Nervous
  • Nostalgic
  • Numb
  • Okay
  • Optimistic
  • Pakistan
  • Peaceful
  • Pensive
  • Pessimistic
  • Pissedoff
  • Pleased
  • Predatory
  • Productive
  • Quixotic
  • Recumbent
  • Refreshed
  • Rejected
  • Rejuvenated
  • Relaxed
  • Relieved
  • Restless
  • Rushed
  • Sad
  • Satisfied
  • Scared
  • Shocked
  • Sick
  • Silly
  • Sleepy
  • Sore
  • Stressed
  • Surprised
  • Sympathetic
  • Thankful
  • Thirsty
  • Thoughtful
  • Tired
  • Touched
  • Uncomfortable
  • Weird
  • Working
  • Worried
  • Results 1 to 11 of 11
    1. #1

      ----
       


      Join Date
      Sep 10, 2017
      Posts
      9
      Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Hey fellow Lahore/Isloo Gupshuppers,

      I am originally from London and go PK regularly, however the biggest challenge I have is that I go crazy on designer clothes but I only wear them once and it really is a waste of money.

      My inlaws are from Isloo and my family is from Lahore, and I have a very ulta type taste, sooo nobody really gets involved with helping me as they do not understand my style!

      I like ripped western/asian wear and need a tailor that can work with me on doing my clothes without the hefty designer price tages. See images below of stuff I like:

      https://scontent-iad3-1.cdninstagram...24322560_n.jpg

      https://i.pinimg.com/736x/b1/73/cf/b...mal-folder.jpg

      https://scontent-iad3-1.cdninstagram...04430848_n.jpg

      https://www.saniamaskatiya.com/conte...eplum_900.jpeg

      https://www.saniamaskatiya.com/conte...shirt_900.jpeg

      https://i.pinimg.com/736x/90/f9/9b/9...0b5fb5ba70.jpg

      https://style.pk/wp-content/uploads/...r-Women003.jpg (LOVE THIS!)

      A few of the designers work I like are as follows:

      - Muse
      - Sania Maskatiya (love her stuff!)
      - Ali xeeshan
      - Maheen Karim
      - Zaheer Abbas, I like his work it is very neat and pristine - the attention to detail is second to none !


      I am also vibing a heavy dupatta with simple dress --- and the lists go on!

      I need a tailor that can shop for fabrics on my behalf send me pics on whatsapp and if I like the fabric they go ahead and get it for me and I send them pics of stuff I like they can tailor it for me, if that makes sense.

      I maybe being unrealistic as I do not know much about the tailor market in PK so if anyone can direct me to anyone amazing that would be great, even if they can ship to my inlaws. I need someone that understands western cuts with a traditional touch without the heavy price tags

      Hope you fellow Gupshuppers can help me x

    2. #2

       Moderator


      Anxious
       

      Eastern Dresses's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 23, 2012
      Location
      Islamabad
      Posts
      2,614
      Post Thanks / Like
      Blogs
      17
      Mentioned
      48 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      You will not find tailors online on any forum. You might be able to find someone on facebook.

      None of the pics you attached look like they were made just out of the ready made fabrics. What is the price range you want these type of outfits made in because in my experience the tailors who can cut/stitch western cuts or anything based on patterns charge 3-4x.
      The Way of those on whom You have bestowed Your Grace, not of those who earned Your Anger, nor of those who went astray. (Al-Fatihah)

    3. #3

      ----
       


      Join Date
      Sep 10, 2017
      Posts
      9
      Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Hey Eastern Dresses, thanks for your response

      I understand there is defo a lot more that goes into a dress than just fabric, but I need like someone to do the whole thing for me from fabric, to embellishments to cut etc, in terms of price range I do not have a budget as such because if I like something I just get it, and right now there is no urgent need to get an outfit made but I know I will have parties/social events to go to, so I want to trial out a few darzis work before I commit to one. However if it helps the outfits from shehla chatoor are ridiculous like 277,826 rupees, when here in London you get dresses like that for a lot lot cheaper like 13,891 rupees, however the challenge with London is you can't get that traditional touch and if you want to make amendments you cant do that here and I really love pakistani clothes.

      And I am very bad because I wear them once here, so no point spending 277,000 odd rupees on a dress you will wear once, it is stupid!
      If you know any good tailors you can recommend on facebook please do let me know thank you so much x

    4. #4

      ----
       


      Join Date
      Sep 10, 2017
      Posts
      9
      Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Stitching is very very important to me because with the above photos the quality is there, and finish is there so I need someone who is pristine!

    5. #5

      ----
       

      stoppit's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 21, 2008
      Posts
      6,597
      Post Thanks / Like
      Blogs
      82
      Mentioned
      55 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      If you are after the same fitting and attention to detail as on the designer outfits, I think it will be close to impossible to find a tailor to do that. You will be looking for lesser known designers who know about designing and cutting patterns. Normal tailors, even good ones, are unlikely to know how to do these cuts. Take for example the crop tops which you see everywhere in Pakistani outfits now but often they are cut badly so they don't fit well.

      You might have more luck in the UK, as there are more young Pakistani women graduating from fashion college who are launching their brands with more westernised styles.
      Last edited by stoppit; 1 Week Ago at 11:03 AM.

    6. #6

      ----
       


      Join Date
      Sep 10, 2017
      Posts
      9
      Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by stoppit View Post
      If you are after the same fitting and attention to detail as on the designer outfits, I think it will be close to impossible to find a tailor to do that. You will be looking for lesser known designers who know about designing and cutting patterns. Normal tailors, even good ones, are unlikely to know how to do these cuts. Take for example the crop tops which you see everywhere in Pakistani outfits now but often they are cut badly so they don't fit well.

      You might have more luck in the UK, as there are more young Pakistani women graduating from fashion college who are launching their brands with more westernised styles.
      Hiii

      You are probably right, because I have a few friends who wear stuff from tailors and the finish is not very neat or clean.

      Coast do some beautiful outfits and their stuff is pretty reasonable and they are kind of like Pakistani clothes in terms of western wear but if I want to add a desi touch to a Coast dress, I can't really! If that makes sense.

      I like this for example and I would wear it but if I am going to some desi aunty jee type of function I would have to make the dress a bit longer but still would have that modern twist

      https://www.coast-stores.com/p/delor...-dress/1854860

      Where can I find UK girls who are launching their brands and their stuff is similar to the above, do give me a shout !

    7. #7

       Moderator


      Anxious
       

      Eastern Dresses's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 23, 2012
      Location
      Islamabad
      Posts
      2,614
      Post Thanks / Like
      Blogs
      17
      Mentioned
      48 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by Gupshupkindakuri View Post
      Hey Eastern Dresses, thanks for your response

      I understand there is defo a lot more that goes into a dress than just fabric, but I need like someone to do the whole thing for me from fabric, to embellishments to cut etc, in terms of price range I do not have a budget as such because if I like something I just get it, and right now there is no urgent need to get an outfit made but I know I will have parties/social events to go to, so I want to trial out a few darzis work before I commit to one. However if it helps the outfits from shehla chatoor are ridiculous like 277,826 rupees, when here in London you get dresses like that for a lot lot cheaper like 13,891 rupees, however the challenge with London is you can't get that traditional touch and if you want to make amendments you cant do that here and I really love pakistani clothes.

      And I am very bad because I wear them once here, so no point spending 277,000 odd rupees on a dress you will wear once, it is stupid!
      If you know any good tailors you can recommend on facebook please do let me know thank you so much x
      The reason I asked for your budget was the price hike you will experience if you needed an embellished outfit with western cuts made in Pakistan. Since the skill isn't common, the charges are quite high. You'll not get a dress embellished and stitched with these type of cuts in the price of £100 here, that's for sure.
      The Way of those on whom You have bestowed Your Grace, not of those who earned Your Anger, nor of those who went astray. (Al-Fatihah)

    8. #8

      ----
       


      Join Date
      Sep 10, 2017
      Posts
      9
      Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Dresses View Post
      The reason I asked for your budget was the price hike you will experience if you needed an embellished outfit with western cuts made in Pakistan. Since the skill isn't common, the charges are quite high. You'll not get a dress embellished and stitched with these type of cuts in the price of £100 here, that's for sure.
      Thanks for that, what is the usual price if we was to get it tailored? I am familiar with ready to wear designer stuff prices but was keen to find out the costings for it in PK for tailored stuff, if you can guide me that would be helpful thank you!

    9. #9

       Moderator


      Anxious
       

      Eastern Dresses's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 23, 2012
      Location
      Islamabad
      Posts
      2,614
      Post Thanks / Like
      Blogs
      17
      Mentioned
      48 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      The usual price for stitching can vary between 1500-3000 or even more sometimes depending on the details. The regular tailor may try to get the western cuts stitched but won't be able to give it the finish.

      Islamabad has quite a few tailors who stitch western cuts. The quote I got for one such dress a few years back was 8000 (for stitching only). Unfortunately my customers don't have that kind of budget.
      The Way of those on whom You have bestowed Your Grace, not of those who earned Your Anger, nor of those who went astray. (Al-Fatihah)

    10. #10

      ----
       


      Join Date
      Sep 10, 2017
      Posts
      9
      Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Dresses View Post
      The usual price for stitching can vary between 1500-3000 or even more sometimes depending on the details. The regular tailor may try to get the western cuts stitched but won't be able to give it the finish.

      Islamabad has quite a few tailors who stitch western cuts. The quote I got for one such dress a few years back was 8000 (for stitching only). Unfortunately my customers don't have that kind of budget.
      Thank you - did the Isloo tailor give you dress a nice finish? do you have photos?

    11. #11

      ----
       


      Join Date
      Sep 12, 2017
      Posts
      7
      Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      How about if you get the Fabic and find a tailor in London to sew them
      /


    Similar Threads

    1. Fashionistas! I need your help!!!
      By S02 in forum Wedding, Fashion & Beauty
      Replies: 37
      Last Post: Nov 12th, 2011, 10:58 AM
    2. ATTN ALL FASHIONISTAS
      By ~MuNiYa~ in forum Wedding, Fashion & Beauty
      Replies: 6
      Last Post: Jan 28th, 2011, 01:39 PM
    3. GS fashionistas!!
      By kali billi in forum Wedding, Fashion & Beauty
      Replies: 19
      Last Post: Jan 8th, 2009, 12:09 PM
    4. Calling all KHI fashionistas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      By samar15 in forum Wedding, Fashion & Beauty
      Replies: 24
      Last Post: Oct 5th, 2008, 01:59 AM
    5. GS Fashionistas
      By Khumar in forum Wedding, Fashion & Beauty
      Replies: 40
      Last Post: Nov 17th, 2006, 11:10 AM