• Accomplished
  • Aggravated
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Anxious
  • Apathetic
  • Artistic
  • Awake
  • Bitchy
  • Blah
  • Blank
  • Bored
  • Bouncy
  • Busy
  • Calm
  • Cheerful
  • Chipper
  • Cold
  • Complacent
  • Confused
  • Contemplative
  • Content
  • Cranky
  • Crappy
  • Crazy
  • Creative
  • Crushed
  • Curious
  • Cynical
  • Depressed
  • Determined
  • Devious
  • Dirty
  • Disappointed
  • Discontent
  • Disgusted
  • Distressed
  • Ditzy
  • Dorky
  • Drained
  • Drunk
  • Ecstatic
  • Embarrassed
  • Energetic
  • Enraged
  • Enthralled
  • Envious
  • Exanimate
  • Excited
  • Exhausted
  • Flirty
  • Frustrated
  • Full
  • Geeky
  • Giddy
  • Giggly
  • Gloomy
  • Good
  • Grateful
  • Groggy
  • Grumpy
  • Guilty
  • Happy
  • High
  • Hopeful
  • Horny
  • Hot
  • Hungry
  • Hyper
  • Impressed
  • Indescribable
  • Indifferent
  • Infuriated
  • Intimidated
  • Irate
  • Irritated
  • Jealous
  • Jubilant
  • Lazy
  • Lethargic
  • Listless
  • Lonely
  • Loved
  • Melancholy
  • Mellow
  • Mischievous
  • Moody
  • Morose
  • Naughty
  • Nauseated
  • Nerdy
  • Nervous
  • Nostalgic
  • Numb
  • Okay
  • Optimistic
  • Pakistan
  • Peaceful
  • Pensive
  • Pessimistic
  • Pissedoff
  • Pleased
  • Predatory
  • Productive
  • Quixotic
  • Recumbent
  • Refreshed
  • Rejected
  • Rejuvenated
  • Relaxed
  • Relieved
  • Restless
  • Rushed
  • Sad
  • Satisfied
  • Scared
  • Shocked
  • Sick
  • Silly
  • Sleepy
  • Sore
  • Stressed
  • Surprised
  • Sympathetic
  • Thankful
  • Thirsty
  • Thoughtful
  • Tired
  • Touched
  • Uncomfortable
  • Weird
  • Working
  • Worried
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Results 37 to 53 of 53
    1. #37

      ----
       

      HamzaKhan's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 21, 2017
      Location
      Johannesburg, South Africa
      Posts
      144
      Post Thanks / Like
      Blogs
      3
      Mentioned
      30 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by redvelvet View Post
      Exactly. The answer is simple. He's got an agenda.
      So it appears.

    2. #38

      ----
       


      Join Date
      Dec 6, 2010
      Posts
      747
      Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      8 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      For a detailed explanation of things about the quran and deen of islam see HERE.

    3. #39
      Sociology
      ----
       

      ajazali's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 6, 2010
      Location
      Lahore
      Posts
      7,046
      Post Thanks / Like
      Blogs
      15
      Mentioned
      28 Post(s)
      Tagged
      3 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by IsaidwhatIsaid View Post
      Whomst here is bringing up wealth? You pulled that out of your ass for some reason, even though I made no mention of it. I pointed out Japan because they are a non-religious country overall and they have high suicide rates. Their suicide rate can be attributed to a lot of things like their economy and its impact on the people, the phenomenon known as "hikkomori", insane school pressures for children, among other things. None of which are religion.

      So let me repeat again: Correlation = / = Causation

      One cause for lower suicide rates in uber religious countries could be because suicide is a sin in Islam and Christianity which are the predominant religions in those countries which topped that list.

      Purpose of life: Live life to the fullest until it is finally time to croak.
      LOL, what was the argument there then? just those phrases like "It is important to keep in mind...", "it definitely is not because..."

      What we know is higher suicide rate is in those countries that are secular and communists. Lowest rate is in religious countries. Can you digest it? The link you shared say bullying could be reason, lol. I guess you dont even know a bit about how tough it is to study in madrasa, a religious school.

      When there is correlation, causation can be there too. First you need establish reason of the correlation then answer that why those issue exist only in secular and communist countries. You also need to justify that causation is not there. just saying correlation is not equal to causation does not prove causation does not exist.
      Last edited by ajazali; 5 Days Ago at 10:44 AM.
      Turn the table...
      Sun to sahi jahan main hai tera fasana kya.

    4. #40

      High
       

      IsaidwhatIsaid's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 13, 2017
      Location
      The South
      Posts
      213
      Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      3 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by ajazali View Post
      LOL, what was the argument there then? just those phrases like "It is important to keep in mind...", "it definitely is not because..."

      What we know is higher suicide rate is in those countries that are secular and communists. Lowest rate is in religious countries. Can you digest it? The link you shared say bullying could be reason, lol. I guess you dont even know a bit about how tough it is to study in madrasa, a religious school.

      When there is correlation, causation can be there too. First you need establish reason of the correlation then answer that why those issue exist only in secular and communist countries. You also need to justify that causation is not there. just saying correlation is not equal to causation does not prove causation does not exist.
      I literally just did that. I provided an insight into Japanese culture. It is not their lack of religiosity that is the reason for their high suicide rates. I even provided a reason for why lower suicide rates are present in extremely religious countries, so I was able to digest it and provide an explanation. All you can do is yak about "hurr durr look at all these non religious countries have high suicides rates it must be because they do not adhere religion herp derp" and then try to trivialize how arduous academics are in Japan and the pressure to succeed and conform.

      You are acting like there were no explanations given and that I keep repeating "correlation =/=causation." I even used your own source against you, but I guess if you ignore what I post you can continue to act like nothing was provided lmao.

      Again, from your own source

      "It is important to keep in mind that atheism and agnosticism have no inherent proscription against suicide, so higher rates of suicide among agnostics and atheists should in no way be considered a failure of these belief systems. Indeed, compassionate tolerance for suicide and euthenasia are widely regarded as hallmarks of many secular societies.The list of countries with the highest levels of atheism, agnosticism and non-belief in God (see: Largest Atheist Populations, reporting lists by Zuckerman, 2005, and Greeley/Jagodzinski, 1991) strongly correlates with countries that have the most liberal (or "progressive") laws, policies and practices regarding right-to-die, assisted suicide, and euthenasia for infants, the terminally ill, chronic pain sufferers, the handicapped, and depressed individuals. Zuckerman (2005) listed the top countries with the highest levels of atheism and non-religiousness as: Sweden, Vietnam, Denmark, Norway, Japan, Czech Republic, Finland, France, South Korea, Estonia, Germany, Russia, Hungary, Netherlands, Britain and Belgium (highest by level of non-belief, with Sweden being the highest)."




    5. #41
      Sociology
      ----
       

      ajazali's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 6, 2010
      Location
      Lahore
      Posts
      7,046
      Post Thanks / Like
      Blogs
      15
      Mentioned
      28 Post(s)
      Tagged
      3 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by IsaidwhatIsaid View Post
      I literally just did that. I provided an insight into Japanese culture. It is not their lack of religiosity that is the reason for their high suicide rates. I even provided a reason for why lower suicide rates are present in extremely religious countries, so I was able to digest it and provide an explanation. All you can do is yak about "hurr durr look at all these non religious countries have high suicides rates it must be because they do not adhere religion herp derp" and then try to trivialize how arduous academics are in Japan and the pressure to succeed and conform.

      You are acting like there were no explanations given and that I keep repeating "correlation =/=causation." I even used your own source against you, but I guess if you ignore what I post you can continue to act like nothing was provided lmao.

      Again, from your own source

      "It is important to keep in mind that atheism and agnosticism have no inherent proscription against suicide, so higher rates of suicide among agnostics and atheists should in no way be considered a failure of these belief systems. Indeed, compassionate tolerance for suicide and euthenasia are widely regarded as hallmarks of many secular societies.The list of countries with the highest levels of atheism, agnosticism and non-belief in God (see: Largest Atheist Populations, reporting lists by Zuckerman, 2005, and Greeley/Jagodzinski, 1991) strongly correlates with countries that have the most liberal (or "progressive") laws, policies and practices regarding right-to-die, assisted suicide, and euthenasia for infants, the terminally ill, chronic pain sufferers, the handicapped, and depressed individuals. Zuckerman (2005) listed the top countries with the highest levels of atheism and non-religiousness as: Sweden, Vietnam, Denmark, Norway, Japan, Czech Republic, Finland, France, South Korea, Estonia, Germany, Russia, Hungary, Netherlands, Britain and Belgium (highest by level of non-belief, with Sweden being the highest)."



      That just proves that there are suicides but they are assisted or systematic.
      simply saying correlation is not causation does not make sense. correlation strongly suggest there is a cause.
      Assisted suicides and death out of right to die policies are not suicides? LOL
      people with depression and chronic disease exist in other countries as well but they dont opt for euthanasia or assisted suicides.
      There is hardly any difference between a depressed person doing suicide on him/her own or seeking state's approval, assisted suicide.
      Last edited by ajazali; 4 Days Ago at 08:07 AM.
      Turn the table...
      Sun to sahi jahan main hai tera fasana kya.

    6. #42

      High
       

      IsaidwhatIsaid's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 13, 2017
      Location
      The South
      Posts
      213
      Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      3 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by ajazali View Post
      That just proves that there are suicides but they are assisted or systematic.
      simply saying correlation is not causation does not make sense. correlation strongly suggest there is a cause.
      Assisted suicides and death out of right to die policies are not suicides? LOL
      people with depression and chronic disease exist in other countries as well but they dont opt for euthanasia or assisted suicides.
      There is hardly any difference between a depressed person doing suicide on him/her own or seeking state's approval, assisted suicide.
      What I said what the suicide rate is not related to the lack of religiosity. That is where I am mentioning "correlation =/=causation". It is a reach to say it is their lack of religiosity that is causing higher suicide rates and not other reasons. There may be more non-religious countries up there, but their non-religiousness is not the cause for higher suicide rates.

    7. #43
      Sociology
      ----
       

      ajazali's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 6, 2010
      Location
      Lahore
      Posts
      7,046
      Post Thanks / Like
      Blogs
      15
      Mentioned
      28 Post(s)
      Tagged
      3 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by IsaidwhatIsaid View Post
      What I said what the suicide rate is not related to the lack of religiosity. That is where I am mentioning "correlation =/=causation". It is a reach to say it is their lack of religiosity that is causing higher suicide rates and not other reasons. There may be more non-religious countries up there, but their non-religiousness is not the cause for higher suicide rates.
      Just because you say it doesn't make it a fact. Apparently the reason is non-religiousness as the studies suggests. Btw, have you read them?
      Currently you have no "evidence" to claim that the reason is not disbelief. I guess you are clutching at something like absence of "evidence" is not evidence of absence
      Turn the table...
      Sun to sahi jahan main hai tera fasana kya.

    8. #44

      High
       

      IsaidwhatIsaid's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 13, 2017
      Location
      The South
      Posts
      213
      Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      3 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by ajazali View Post
      Just because you say it doesn't make it a fact. Apparently the reason is non-religiousness as the studies suggests. Btw, have you read them?
      Currently you have no "evidence" to claim that the reason is not disbelief. I guess you are clutching at something like absence of "evidence" is not evidence of absence
      Here is your own source being used against you again:

      "Social scientists believe that non-belief in God or lack of religiosity are not causitive factors leading to suicide. Rather, it is likely that religious belief that suicide is wrong is a strong deterrent factor that prevents otherwise suicide-prone individuals from committing suicide."
      -http://www.adherents.com/misc/religion_suicide.html

      Looks like I am not the one who did not read the study. Also, I did provide evidence to the contrary regarding why people commit suicide in a country that is mostly non religious. All you did was yak yak and deflect.

    9. #45
      Sociology
      ----
       

      ajazali's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 6, 2010
      Location
      Lahore
      Posts
      7,046
      Post Thanks / Like
      Blogs
      15
      Mentioned
      28 Post(s)
      Tagged
      3 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by IsaidwhatIsaid View Post
      Here is your own source being used against you again:

      "Social scientists believe that non-belief in God or lack of religiosity are not causitive factors leading to suicide. Rather, it is likely that religious belief that suicide is wrong is a strong deterrent factor that prevents otherwise suicide-prone individuals from committing suicide."
      -http://www.adherents.com/misc/religion_suicide.html

      Looks like I am not the one who did not read the study. Also, I did provide evidence to the contrary regarding why people commit suicide in a country that is mostly non religious. All you did was yak yak and deflect.
      Lol, you know nothing besides one example fro japan that too a very weak argument. I told you that more tough is to study in religious schools. In some schools children are not even allowed to visit home for several months. only a few years ago even govt schools teachers used to beats students with sticks.
      You again and again write fluffy claims without any fact or numbers. Now please dont come up again with crap like scientists believe or you believe something is important.
      If you want get a clue on how disbelievers are thinking negatively let me know what is your purpose to discuss these issues on this forum. Answer the question and i will help you understand the cause of pessimism among disbelievers
      Last edited by ajazali; 3 Days Ago at 01:59 PM.
      Turn the table...
      Sun to sahi jahan main hai tera fasana kya.

    10. #46

      High
       

      IsaidwhatIsaid's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 13, 2017
      Location
      The South
      Posts
      213
      Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      3 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by ajazali View Post
      Lol, you know nothing besides one example fro japan that too a very weak argument. I told you that more tough is to study in religious schools. In some schools children are not even allowed to visit home for several months. only a few years ago even govt schools teachers used to beats students with sticks.
      You again and again write fluffy claims without any fact or numbers. Now please dont come up again with crap like scientists believe or you believe something is important.
      If you want get a clue on how disbelievers are thinking negatively let me know what is your purpose to discuss these issues on this forum. Answer the question and i will help you understand the cause of pessimism among disbelievers
      How pathetic. I even used your source against you and you did not even acknowledge it but instead started yakking pathetically again. Dismissing Japan's overall culture is not going to change the fact that their overall lack in the faith in God is not the reason for their high suicide rates. I am not the one providing "fluffy" claims without any facts. That is you buddy. I even quoted your own source against you that displayed that other countries had higher suicide rates, not because they aren't nearly as religious but because they have more tolerance for assisted suicide.

      I do not need a "clue" from you on how disbelievers think negatively. You have clearly proven you do not have clue on anything.

    11. #47
      Sociology
      ----
       

      ajazali's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 6, 2010
      Location
      Lahore
      Posts
      7,046
      Post Thanks / Like
      Blogs
      15
      Mentioned
      28 Post(s)
      Tagged
      3 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by IsaidwhatIsaid View Post
      How pathetic. I even used your source against you and you did not even acknowledge it but instead started yakking pathetically again. Dismissing Japan's overall culture is not going to change the fact that their overall lack in the faith in God is not the reason for their high suicide rates. I am not the one providing "fluffy" claims without any facts. That is you buddy. I even quoted your own source against you that displayed that other countries had higher suicide rates, not because they aren't nearly as religious but because they have more tolerance for assisted suicide.

      I do not need a "clue" from you on how disbelievers think negatively. You have clearly proven you do not have clue on anything.
      Lolz that was one forum example where question is asked regarding atheists doing suicides.
      Japan culture after all is materialism another secular and liberal thing. I told you there are tougher study environments in other countries but somehow you know nothing besides this weak example
      I wonder why you and another atheist poster are afraid of answering the question, the purpose of discussing these things?
      Last edited by ajazali; 8 Hours Ago at 07:09 AM.
      Turn the table...
      Sun to sahi jahan main hai tera fasana kya.

    12. #48

      ----
       


      Join Date
      Jun 8, 2006
      Location
      South West London
      Posts
      9,449
      Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      12 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by ajazali View Post
      I wonder why you and another atheist poster are afraid of answering the question, the purpose of discussing these things?
      Don't you think religion is becoming cancer for our country? What is happening in Islamabad?

    13. #49

      ----
       


      Join Date
      Jun 8, 2006
      Location
      South West London
      Posts
      9,449
      Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      12 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      آنکھوں کے آپریشن کے بعد جب اِس بچی نے پہلی بار دُنیا کو دیکھا ۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔
      کہتے ہے کہ انسان کو کسی بھی چیز کی قدر تب تک نہیں ہوتی جب تک وہ اسے کھو نہیں دیتا۔
      ہم نے والدین کے وسیلے سے بس اک ہی بار ' نہایت ہی مختصر مدت کےلۓ یہاں آنا ہے اور پھر چلے جانا ہے ۔ آگے کیاتھا ، پیچھے کیا ہونے والا ہے کوئ نہیں جانتا اور نہ ہی کسی نے دیکھا ہے ' پھر بھی ہم آگے پیچھے کے بکیھڑوں میں پھنسے ہوۓ ، زندگی کی خوبصورتی کو جینے سے بیزار ہے
      دُنیا کتنی خوبصورت ہے ، اس بچی کے نگاہوں سے دیکھۓ ۔
      #مجھے_جینا_ہے_اپنے_مرنے_تک
      Mdcr

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1RUccxksZI

    14. #50
      Sociology
      ----
       

      ajazali's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 6, 2010
      Location
      Lahore
      Posts
      7,046
      Post Thanks / Like
      Blogs
      15
      Mentioned
      28 Post(s)
      Tagged
      3 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by Mostar95 View Post
      Don't you think religion is becoming cancer for our country? What is happening in Islamabad?
      So you want welfare of people? Who gave you this task? Why do you even want to "correct" people?
      Turn the table...
      Sun to sahi jahan main hai tera fasana kya.

    15. #51
      Sociology
      ----
       

      ajazali's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 6, 2010
      Location
      Lahore
      Posts
      7,046
      Post Thanks / Like
      Blogs
      15
      Mentioned
      28 Post(s)
      Tagged
      3 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by Mostar95 View Post
      آنکھوں کے آپریشن کے بعد جب اِس بچی نے پہلی بار دُنیا کو دیکھا ۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔۔
      کہتے ہے کہ انسان کو کسی بھی چیز کی قدر تب تک نہیں ہوتی جب تک وہ اسے کھو نہیں دیتا۔
      ہم نے والدین کے وسیلے سے بس اک ہی بار ' نہایت ہی مختصر مدت کےلۓ یہاں آنا ہے اور پھر چلے جانا ہے ۔ آگے کیاتھا ، پیچھے کیا ہونے والا ہے کوئ نہیں جانتا اور نہ ہی کسی نے دیکھا ہے ' پھر بھی ہم آگے پیچھے کے بکیھڑوں میں پھنسے ہوۓ ، زندگی کی خوبصورتی کو جینے سے بیزار ہے
      دُنیا کتنی خوبصورت ہے ، اس بچی کے نگاہوں سے دیکھۓ ۔
      #مجھے_جینا_ہے_اپنے_مرنے_تک
      Mdcr

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1RUccxksZI
      es tarah k lectures ki zaroorat oonko hoti hai wohi dhoondhtay hain hain jo bezar hotay hain. Jinko aap nasihat krnay ki koshash kr rhay ho wo tum se zyada mutmaen hain. oonko believer honay ki waja se jahil kaho ya kuch aur, ye tumari apni bechaini hai oon believers ki nahi.
      Turn the table...
      Sun to sahi jahan main hai tera fasana kya.

    16. #52

      High
       

      IsaidwhatIsaid's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 13, 2017
      Location
      The South
      Posts
      213
      Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      3 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by ajazali View Post
      Lolz that was one forum example where question is asked regarding atheists doing suicides.
      Japan culture after all is materialism another secular and liberal thing. I told you there are tougher study environments in other countries but somehow you know nothing besides this weak example
      I wonder why you and another atheist poster are afraid of answering the question, the purpose of discussing these things?
      All you do is prove you know nothing about Japanese culture when you type that nonsense out and to dismiss their culture in regards to suicide rates is laughable. It is not a weak example buddy. They do not have a "decadent liberal secular" lifestyle like how you like to think "the West" lives. Their culture is very conformist and anyone who is outside the mold is ostracized and the links I provided to you weren't just about school. They are pretty much a socially conservative culture that is technologically advanced. You repeating "madrassas are hard too!!1111" is not shooting down any argument, and the fact that that is the only thing you are fixated on shows you have nothing to your side. You are projecting all your flaws on to me when you say **** like "hurr durr all you have are weak examples!111." You are the one who used two think pieces, a forum post that that had a study that completely proves your point wrong, and Quora post about the meaning of life as support for your position that "hurr durr athiest countreis have high suicde ratess beceuz they don't worship God!!!!!111111" You are the one who keeps repeating nonsense and sticking to this dumbass position. The biggest deterrent for less religious people committing suicide is because it is a sin in their religion. That is it. It really is not that deep.

    17. #53

      High
       

      IsaidwhatIsaid's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 13, 2017
      Location
      The South
      Posts
      213
      Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      3 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      @Mostar95 Do you know what would be an equally interesting thing to bring up? Violent crime rates and the religiosity of a country


    Similar Threads

    1. sins and fate
      By tweety_pie in forum Religion & Philosophy
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: Aug 21st, 2007, 05:37 PM
    2. Share ur Sins...
      By Bad Boy in forum GupShup CafeŽ
      Replies: 22
      Last Post: Jul 10th, 2005, 06:07 AM
    3. SINS !!!
      By Sadiaa in forum Religion & Philosophy
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: Jun 25th, 2001, 11:17 PM
    4. Sins....
      By Momin*Muslimah in forum Religion & Philosophy
      Replies: 11
      Last Post: May 3rd, 2001, 04:13 PM
    5. The colour of sins
      By khan_sahib in forum Media
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: Jan 27th, 2001, 05:24 AM