• Accomplished
  • Aggravated
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Anxious
  • Apathetic
  • Artistic
  • Awake
  • Bitchy
  • Blah
  • Blank
  • Bored
  • Bouncy
  • Busy
  • Calm
  • Cheerful
  • Chipper
  • Cold
  • Complacent
  • Confused
  • Contemplative
  • Content
  • Cranky
  • Crappy
  • Crazy
  • Creative
  • Crushed
  • Curious
  • Cynical
  • Depressed
  • Determined
  • Devious
  • Dirty
  • Disappointed
  • Discontent
  • Disgusted
  • Distressed
  • Ditzy
  • Dorky
  • Drained
  • Drunk
  • Ecstatic
  • Embarrassed
  • Energetic
  • Enraged
  • Enthralled
  • Envious
  • Exanimate
  • Excited
  • Exhausted
  • Flirty
  • Frustrated
  • Full
  • Geeky
  • Giddy
  • Giggly
  • Gloomy
  • Good
  • Grateful
  • Groggy
  • Grumpy
  • Guilty
  • Happy
  • High
  • Hopeful
  • Horny
  • Hot
  • Hungry
  • Hyper
  • Impressed
  • Indescribable
  • Indifferent
  • Infuriated
  • Intimidated
  • Irate
  • Irritated
  • Jealous
  • Jubilant
  • Lazy
  • Lethargic
  • Listless
  • Lonely
  • Loved
  • Melancholy
  • Mellow
  • Mischievous
  • Moody
  • Morose
  • Naughty
  • Nauseated
  • Nerdy
  • Nervous
  • Nostalgic
  • Numb
  • Okay
  • Optimistic
  • Pakistan
  • Peaceful
  • Pensive
  • Pessimistic
  • Pissedoff
  • Pleased
  • Predatory
  • Productive
  • Quixotic
  • Recumbent
  • Refreshed
  • Rejected
  • Rejuvenated
  • Relaxed
  • Relieved
  • Restless
  • Rushed
  • Sad
  • Satisfied
  • Scared
  • Shocked
  • Sick
  • Silly
  • Sleepy
  • Sore
  • Stressed
  • Surprised
  • Sympathetic
  • Thankful
  • Thirsty
  • Thoughtful
  • Tired
  • Touched
  • Uncomfortable
  • Weird
  • Working
  • Worried
  • Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Results 55 to 72 of 74
    1. #55

      ----
       


      Join Date
      Jun 8, 2006
      Location
      South West London
      Posts
      9,451
      Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      12 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Don't worry religious folks in future your kids or grand kids will ask you why Mosa needed to go the koh-e-toor when Allah can be reached every corner and part of the world!

    2. #56
      K. in the North..
       GS Director


      Apathetic
       

      SID_NY's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 29, 2008
      Location
      Winterfell
      Posts
      14,592
      Post Thanks / Like
      Blogs
      132
      Mentioned
      550 Post(s)
      Tagged
      5 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by Mostar95 View Post
      Don't worry religious folks in future your kids or grand kids will ask you why Mosa needed to go the koh-e-toor when Allah can be reached every corner and part of the world!
      O you dont worry about what questions they are gona ask cuz I'm sure even a non-religious person like me has answer to that. All it needs is to have some sanity. Now remember the focus here is on "sanity" and "knowledge". What you are doing on this website is completely lacking it.

      So yea keep trolling and posting anti-Islam. But seriously is that your bread and butter as well? I mean do they pay you good? Or you have dedicated the whole life to trolling?
      I cant make everyone happy..... I'm not Biryani !!

    3. #57

      ----
       


      Join Date
      Jun 8, 2006
      Location
      South West London
      Posts
      9,451
      Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      12 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by SID_NY View Post
      O you dont worry about what questions they are gona ask cuz I'm sure even a non-religious person like me has answer to that. All it needs is to have some sanity. Now remember the focus here is on "sanity" and "knowledge". What you are doing on this website is completely lacking it.

      So yea keep trolling and posting anti-Islam. But seriously is that your bread and butter as well? I mean do they pay you good? Or you have dedicated the whole life to trolling?
      Yes I am one of the richest person by earning from trolling on this website since 2004.

    4. #58
      
      Ecstatic
       

      Hakuna Matata's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 10, 2012
      Location
      
      Posts
      69,013
      Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      175 Post(s)
      Tagged
      3 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by SID_NY View Post
      O you dont worry about what questions they are gona ask cuz I'm sure even a non-religious person like me has answer to that. All it needs is to have some sanity. Now remember the focus here is on "sanity" and "knowledge". What you are doing on this website is completely lacking it.

      So yea keep trolling and posting anti-Islam. But seriously is that your bread and butter as well? I mean do they pay you good? Or you have dedicated the whole life to trolling?
      I second this, they are lacking it..

    5. #59

      High
       

      IsaidwhatIsaid's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 13, 2017
      Location
      The South
      Posts
      213
      Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      3 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by Hakuna Matata View Post
      I think I hit a nerve of a science doctor.. so he is behaving bad.. lol..
      It's probably not the science doctor who is getting butthurt.

      irony?? really?? did you know that the topic of this thread is Science and Religion.. you said religious beliefs contradicts with science, and didnt proved it scientifically yet.. why??
      I have stated facts and definitions that are generally accepted by scientific community. But, since you need me to do the homework for you:
      https://www2.palomar.edu/anthro/earlyprimates/early_2.htm
      This is for your first dumbass question.

      however, my next question is, actually now there are 2..

      prove it scientifically that human, apes and other primates have a common ancestor..

      and do you believe in big bang theory (primary nebula, the blast, universe expanding)??

      I have not studied the big bang theory enough to really discuss it in depth. The fact that it is a scientific theory (and like I have established before, scientific theories are not just accepted as theories if they have no weight) shows that it is a well substantiated explanation. I am not dogmatic about science. If concrete evidence comes that pokes holes into theories that have been generally accepted before, then who am I to say "hurr durr that can't be right bcuz I have been agreeing with the this version theory of evolution my entire life!!!!!11" Claiming "The Bible/Qu'ran/Torah says this so these scientific theories that have tangible proof supporting them are wrong!!!11" is a stupid mentality.

      Replies in this

    6. #60

      ----
       


      Join Date
      Jun 8, 2006
      Location
      South West London
      Posts
      9,451
      Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      12 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      ZOROASTRIANISM: ARTA VIRAF'S NIGHT JOURNEY

      [COLOR=rgba(26, 26, 26, 0.7)]A night journey to the heavens is found in an old Pahlavi book known as "The Book of Arta Viraf." The Zoroastrian story describes the journey of a saintly priest, Arta Viraf, who went into a trance and his spirit went up to the heavens under the guidance of an angel named Sarosh. He passed from one utopia to another until he reached the presence of Ormazd, the great deity of the whole universe. When Arta saw the heavens and how happy its inhabitants were, Ormazd commanded him to return to earth as his 'messenger' to tell the people all that he saw and heard. Ormazd commanded that his followers pray five times a day.

      MythicistMKE[/COLOR]

    7. #61

      ----
       


      Join Date
      Oct 15, 2017
      Posts
      334
      Post Thanks / Like
      Blogs
      2
      Mentioned
      12 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      الْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ الَّذِي هَدَانَا لِهَٰذَا وَمَا كُنَّا لِنَهْتَدِيَ لَوْلَا أَنْ هَدَانَا اللَّهُ ۖ لَقَدْ جَاءَتْ رُسُلُ رَبِّنَا بِالْحَقِّ
      "Praise to Allah, who has guided us to this; and we would never have been guided if Allah had not guided us. Certainly the messengers of our Lord had come with the truth."
      Surah 7 Ayat 43
      @Hakuna Matata and @SID_NY
      Kia kr rhe ho aap log? Na in logon ne aapki daleel manni hai aur na ye manney k liye ye sb kr rhe hain...
      Actually ye khud bht confused hain, bechain hain...tou asal maqsad sirf confusion phelana hai, yun samjh lein k ye apni confusion ki tableegh kr rhe hain...
      Aap ka faith strong ho sakta hai lekin sb ka nae...tou shikar krne k liye ye sb hai aur kch nae...
      Hamein Quran mein aese jagah jane se mana kiya gya hai jahan Allah aur uski ayaat k sath kufr aur istehza (tamaskhur/mazaq) kiya jata ho, warna hum b un mein se ho jaein gey ki warning b di gaei hai...
      So best yehi hai k in ko reply na kiya jaey, khud hi khali dewaron pe takrein maarne di jaein...apna serr khud phorein jo marzi krein ye inka masla hai hamara nae...
      Agr ye kahein k ye mante hain k Allah hai tb bhi ye jhootey hain, ye sirf makkari hoti hai taa k baat start ki ja sakey...
      Aur dusri cheez, baat krne ka faida hi koi nae q k ye inteha darjey k bad ikhlaq aur badtameez rude hon gey...OP k kch posts me ne check kiye relationships k thread mein, us mein jis trh se Pyarey Nabi Muhammad ka jis trh naaam br br liya hai us trh rudely tou ye apne father ka naam b nae lete hon gey...
      So it should b full stop coz inho ne jo b baat krni hai wo gustakhi hogi and hamara faith uski ijazat nae deta...
      Yes, jo post rules k khilaf ho, usey zarur remove krein aur us user ko banned b krein...

    8. #62

      ----
       


      Join Date
      Jun 8, 2006
      Location
      South West London
      Posts
      9,451
      Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      12 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      ہم جس سائنس اور علم کے زمانے میں رہ رہے ہیں۔ اور ابلاغ کے جو زرائع میسر ہیں۔ اب مذہب پر تنقید کو کوئی نہیں روک سکتا۔ عقل سے پرکھنے والے طاقت ور ہورہے ہیں۔ وہ دیکھ رہے ہیں،آج اور آنے والا دور ان کا ہے۔ طاقت وراورناقابل تردید سائنسی علم ان کی پشت پرکھڑا ہے۔ جہاں اسلامی مذہب کا فکری غلبہ ہوگا، منطقی لحاظ سے تنقید اسلامی مذہب پر ہی ہوگی۔ اسی طرح ہندو معاشروں یا کرسچن معاشروں میں تنقید ہندومت اور عیسائیت پر کی جاتی ہے۔ دوسری اہم بات اسلام ایک سیاسی مذہب ہے۔ اسلام میں مداخلت، جارحیت اور شدت پسندی کے عناصرابھرکر سامنے آتے ہیں۔ یہ ' دوسرے ' کوتسلیم اورشریک ہی نہیں کرتا۔ دنیا اس کی جارحیت اور شدت پسندی سے تنگ آئی ہیں۔ سرتن سے جدا سے کم مسلم بات نہیں کرتے۔ ظاہر ہے، ابلاغ کے جدید زرائع نے آزادی فکر کو نئی منزلوں سے آشنا کیا ہے۔ لوگ تو بولیں گے۔ اب مذاہب پر اٹھی انگلی کو کوئی نہیں روک سکتا۔ چنانچہ اسے برداشت کرنا چاہئے۔ اور علمی سطح پر جواب دینا ہوگا۔ اورخود کو نئی اقدارسے ہم آہنگ بھی، سرتن سے جدا کی دھمکیاں دے کر مذہب کو جبری زندہ رکھنے کی کوشش نہ کی جائے۔ تنقید اورجگ ہنسائی مزید بڑھ جائے گی۔

    9. #63
      
      Ecstatic
       

      Hakuna Matata's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 10, 2012
      Location
      
      Posts
      69,013
      Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      175 Post(s)
      Tagged
      3 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by IsaidwhatIsaid View Post
      Replies in this
      thanks for replying, I thought you wont reply this time..

      so this is the best logical answer you came up with for my dumb*** question?? and still believing it's a FACT..

      before I answer.. I must tell you that when "hypothesis and theories are accepted by scientists unanimously only then it becomes a Fact"..

      now my dumb*** answer to your provided link..

      Dr. Carl Woese who discovered third domain of life "Archaea" and is a very important evolutionary biologist says, "Life is a web, it's not a tree of life".. and he goes against Darwinism saying "He believes in Neo Lemark's Theory Of Evolution"..


      Dr. Richard Dawkins of Oxford University who also believes in Lemark's says, "We must acknowledge the possibility that new Facts may come to light which will force our successors of the twenty-first century to abandon Darwan's theory and modify it beyond recognition"..

      Dr. Henry and Dr. Michael Roos says, "There are wholes and discrepencies in Darwin's theory"..

      Hence proved, that wasnt a dumb*** question.. but this aint a point.. the point I observed is you hate religion, and thinks it's an old school.. and you even started to hate me I guess, or atleast behaving badly because of the difference in opinion.. this is what science teach you to do?? Science teaches you to use words like Dumb--- and Laughing your ------- --- ---?? I never saw any science student doing this.. they are so patient in behaving and listening to others.. think about it too..

    10. #64
      
      Ecstatic
       

      Hakuna Matata's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 10, 2012
      Location
      
      Posts
      69,013
      Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      175 Post(s)
      Tagged
      3 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by C0AS View Post

      @Hakuna Matata and @SID_NY
      Kia kr rhe ho aap log? Na in logon ne aapki daleel manni hai aur na ye manney k liye ye sb kr rhe hain...
      Actually ye khud bht confused hain, bechain hain...tou asal maqsad sirf confusion phelana hai, yun samjh lein k ye apni confusion ki tableegh kr rhe hain...
      awww my brother ok sorry.. I wont reply to them anymore..


      first of all thanks for this answer.. we should pray that may ALLAH bless us all with righteous path and protect us from shaiyateen.. amen..

      and secondly I wasnt answering for them.. they dont worth my reply.. I am answering for Muslims who have great Faith in ALLAH.. so that they know that what is right..

    11. #65

      High
       

      IsaidwhatIsaid's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 13, 2017
      Location
      The South
      Posts
      213
      Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      3 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by Hakuna Matata View Post
      thanks for replying, I thought you wont reply this time..

      Your rebuttals aren't nearly as clever as you think they are. Trust me, debating you is like talking to a child.
      so this is the best logical answer you came up with for my dumb*** question?? and still believing it's a FACT..

      before I answer.. I must tell you that when "hypothesis and theories are accepted by scientists unanimously only then it becomes a Fact"..
      Shabash. You must have been doing some minimal reading on science then. Now, tell me when I said that scientific theories were facts? Because I said scientific theories were well substantiated explanations. That is not saying it is a fact, nor it is implying it is a fact.


      now my dumb*** answer to your provided link..

      Dr. Carl Woese who discovered third domain of life "Archaea" and is a very important evolutionary biologist says, "Life is a web, it's not a tree of life".. and he goes against Darwinism saying "He believes in Neo Lemark's Theory Of Evolution"..


      Dr. Richard Dawkins of Oxford University who also believes in Lemark's says, "We must acknowledge the possibility that new Facts may come to light which will force our successors of the twenty-first century to abandon Darwan's theory and modify it beyond recognition"..

      Dr. Henry and Dr. Michael Roos says, "There are wholes and discrepencies in Darwin's theory"..

      This "rebuttal" you provided proves you really do not have a clue. Where did I wholeheartedly put my faith into DARWIN's version of the theory? Of course it will be full of holes and have places for improvement, this was his way of explaining the phenomena he saw in the Galapagos Islands. The theory of Evolution has come a long way since then. You seem to think I treat science the way you treat religion. In my previous reply I even said I do not have a dogmatic relationship with science. If you read your own source, it describes a situation where they say what I have alluded to. Also, how does your source supposedly debunk the idea that humans, apes, and other primates have a common ancestor? It did none of that. Your "rebuttal" is pitiful.

      Hence proved, that wasnt a dumb*** question..
      Yes, it was.

      but this aint a point.. the point I observed is you hate religion, and thinks it's an old school..
      I do not hate religion. I see it as something that can potentially be used impair critical thinking skills.
      and you even started to hate me I guess, or atleast behaving badly because of the difference in opinion..
      These are your own projections LMAO. You got your little feelings hurt because I said your question was a dumbass question and now you doing drama bazi acting like I am treating you like an inferior. Amazing.
      this is what science teach you to do?? Science teaches you to use words like Dumb--- and Laughing your ------- --- ---??
      I never saw any science student doing this.. they are so patient in behaving and listening to others.. think about it too..
      Nah, science didn't teach me to use the word dumbass. It did teach me not to blindly hold on to ideologies, though.
      Replies in this

    12. #66

      Pakistan
       

      kchughtai's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 25, 2009
      Location
      Pakistan
      Posts
      1,915
      Post Thanks / Like
      Blogs
      2
      Mentioned
      7 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      this whole debate is weird. Quran is NOT a book of science, it is a book of signs and presents them in its own way. Quran doesn't tell us that scientific facts have been stated herein and you should hold on to them with your eyes closed. It implores its readers to explore and observe the world around us, moon and stars etc. I can quote the verses if you are interested.

      if you say that followers of Islam/Quran/Religion in general did horrible things like daesh and taliban. we can say the same thing about science and technology too. Man has made use of science for both the benefit as well as destruction of humanity. We cannot blame science or religion for this. A scalpel can be used for many things good or bad. you cannot blame scalpel for that
      Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.” Albert Einstein

    13. #67

      Pakistan
       

      kchughtai's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 25, 2009
      Location
      Pakistan
      Posts
      1,915
      Post Thanks / Like
      Blogs
      2
      Mentioned
      7 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by Mostar95 View Post
      Don't worry religious folks in future your kids or grand kids will ask you why Mosa needed to go the koh-e-toor when Allah can be reached every corner and part of the world!
      I will not be worried if my kids ask me such questions. Moses (as) went to mount toor and the holy prophet (pbuh) went to cave hira. they went there for meditation and praying to their God in solitude. Can you quote something from scripture that tells us that God resides on mount Toor or cave Hira?
      Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.” Albert Einstein

    14. #68

      ----
       


      Join Date
      Jun 8, 2006
      Location
      South West London
      Posts
      9,451
      Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      12 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by kchughtai View Post
      I will not be worried if my kids ask me such questions. Moses (as) went to mount toor and the holy prophet (pbuh) went to cave hira. they went there for meditation and praying to their God in solitude. Can you quote something from scripture that tells us that God resides on mount Toor or cave Hira?
      That sounds an acceptable answer.

    15. #69

      ----
       


      Join Date
      Jun 8, 2006
      Location
      South West London
      Posts
      9,451
      Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      12 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by kchughtai View Post
      this whole debate is weird. Quran is NOT a book of science, it is a book of signs and presents them in its own way. Quran doesn't tell us that scientific facts have been stated herein and you should hold on to them with your eyes closed. It implores its readers to explore and observe the world around us, moon and stars etc. I can quote the verses if you are interested.

      if you say that followers of Islam/Quran/Religion in general did horrible things like daesh and taliban. we can say the same thing about science and technology too. Man has made use of science for both the benefit as well as destruction of humanity. We cannot blame science or religion for this. A scalpel can be used for many things good or bad. you cannot blame scalpel for that
      This is alternative narrative. But most of the Muslims are hell bound to prove that whatever stated in Quran has been substantiated by science today. But we know that we even can not follow the lunar based Islamic calendar in our daily lives.

    16. #70

      High
       

      IsaidwhatIsaid's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 13, 2017
      Location
      The South
      Posts
      213
      Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      3 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by kchughtai View Post
      this whole debate is weird. Quran is NOT a book of science, it is a book of signs and presents them in its own way. Quran doesn't tell us that scientific facts have been stated herein and you should hold on to them with your eyes closed. It implores its readers to explore and observe the world around us, moon and stars etc. I can quote the verses if you are interested.

      if you say that followers of Islam/Quran/Religion in general did horrible things like daesh and taliban. we can say the same thing about science and technology too. Man has made use of science for both the benefit as well as destruction of humanity. We cannot blame science or religion for this. A scalpel can be used for many things good or bad. you cannot blame scalpel for that
      I know the original discussion I intended for devolved quickly, but the question was how people would balance their religious beliefs regarding the "big questions" we cannot answer (what happens after death, stuff like that) with new scientific revelations that would debunk what was stated in their religion. If you look through this thread you can even see the person I was "debating" with acting as if the Qur'ran did come up with scientific breakthroughs.
      Also, there was no discussion/debate on the role of either of those things with violence.

    17. #71

      ----
       


      Join Date
      Dec 6, 2010
      Posts
      747
      Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      8 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)

    18. #72

      ----
       


      Join Date
      Dec 6, 2010
      Posts
      747
      Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      8 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      The quran is no ordinary book and one has to learn enough sense to make proper sense of its text so that one could come to know its proper context objectively or purposefully. How to do so is explained HERE. A lot of people claim to know the quran but in actual fact they do not and I explain why not.

      The quran is in human language but it has its own ideas to convey to humans using the very same human language and that is where lies difficulty for human beings. God is all knowing but people are born babies knowing nothing at all. It takes them ages to learn things by discovering them using their brains and senses and bodies. Just as a grown up highly educated human being cannot teach all he knows to a newly born baby so God cannot do so with human beings for his own reasons due to which he created human beings and gave them ability of choice. All these problems are explained away in the provided link for those who are interested in knowing the truth.


    Similar Threads

    1. Religion or Science
      By Man with a Plan in forum GupShup Cafe´
      Replies: 58
      Last Post: Sep 30th, 2006, 06:40 AM
    2. Science as Religion
      By symbol in forum Religion & Philosophy
      Replies: 35
      Last Post: Jun 9th, 2006, 09:20 AM
    3. Religion and Science
      By basic_force in forum Religion & Philosophy
      Replies: 6
      Last Post: Oct 6th, 2003, 08:33 AM
    4. Worklife Balance and Religion
      By hmcq in forum GupShup Cafe´
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: Jan 15th, 2002, 11:48 PM