Results 1 to 18 of 32
Apr 7th, 2009 #1----
Taliban are today's Raja Dahir. They are persecuting Muslim women in Swat and other areas. Muslim women and girls are crying for help and asking Pakistani army to come save them from the brutal torture and bombing and persecution at the hands of Islamists.
Anyone supporting the cause of Taliban is in reality supporter of Raja Dahir.
Apr 7th, 2009 #2----
- Join Date
- Jun 7, 2001
- Houston, TX
- Post Thanks / Like
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
Provide more on Raja Dahir please."Don't guess a person's character on his present situation because time has the power
to change an ordinary coal into a precious diamond"
Apr 7th, 2009 #3
^^ aay loo.. yeh tu haal hayFor Religion, we'll fight, kill & die but will never follow it, where's the fun in that!
Apr 7th, 2009 #4----
Mohammad bin Qasim liberated people from the yoke of Raja Dahir, and we now need someone who can do the same for the Pakistani people.
The post made a specific reference to the incident when Raja Dahir looted a group of trading boats off Karachi, and took men and women as hostages. And one of the women hostages cried for help. Once those cries reached Basra, the campaigns to free her and other hostages were launched.
Mohammad bin Qasim lead one such campaigns (the last campaign).
Apr 7th, 2009 #5----
Apr 7th, 2009 #6
For real history please do some research ... will leave you with this though .... "khalis" Pakistani source...
A BIRD'S EYE VIEW OF SINDH'S PAST, PRESENT and Future
I will give more details in the second chapter of this book. It is sufficient to mention here that the incentive behind these expeditions was for the loot of treasures of the rich countries and for satisfying the sexual lust for which the Arabs are notorious. It is sufficient to mention here in passing that Sindh suffered very much during the Arab days. On a large scale, the Arab exploited, weakened and humiliated the Sindhis. Some of the details are given as under:
- After the conquest of Sindh, the Arabs subjugated the peace-loving and non-violent people of Sindh kept them under their domination. Sindhis were also extremely humiliated. As a result of this humiliation, the Sindhis had to change their originality.
- After the conquest of Sindh, the Arabs took away all the wealth of Sindh. Thus, the Arabs were in no 'way different from the robbers.
- After the conquest of Sindh, the Arabs took away thousands of male and female slaves to their country. The female slaves, they used as slave girls so as to satisfy their sexual lust for which they are notorious.
- Some Arabs, who were in fact against the Holy Prophet and his mission, posed themselves as the champions of the new religion. They started torturing the immediate kith and kins of the Prophet. These relatives of the Prophet were the true successors of the spiritualism that Islam had in its fold. So, in utter violation of the spirit of Islam, these Arabs started practicing tribal traditions, customs and way of life. To all of it they started calling as "Shariat-e-Mohammed".
Apr 7th, 2009 #7Originally Posted by burqaposhx
Apr 7th, 2009 #8----
1. Raja Dahir was at best comparable to the leader of pirates not too different from the Somali pirates of today.
2. He encouraged piracy around Karachi.
3. Powers of the day, came looking for him and kicked him out of Debal. Not unlike Saddam's dethroning by United States of America. Or world navies chasing down Somali pirates.
4. Arabs of Basra were 180 degrees opposite from the Afghan warlords like Mullah Umar.
5. If you know an iota about Sindh, you would have known by now that Sindh's Islam is Soofiana Islam that is much closer to the peaceful practices of many secular societies of today.
Tribalism is not unique to one religion. Hindus too had their fair share of tribal warlords just like their Muslim brethren. Don't imagine that everything was like pliant Bangalories in the last 5000 years.
Apr 7th, 2009 #9
Arabs of the time were no different then any power in their time looking at increasing their domain. The fact that arabs had been trying to conquer Sind for 80 years before MBQ's conquest would perhaps be news to you.
The views expressed in my earlier post are from a Sindhi called G M Syed ... you perhaps know who he was otherwise you can look him up and his views on local Sindhi history ........
Apr 7th, 2009 #10
- Join Date
- Feb 5, 1999
- CA 90210
- Post Thanks / Like
- 155 Post(s)
- 1 Thread(s)
lol.. burqaposh trying hard to use the hindu card somehow to rally up his divided pakistani brethren. there's only so long that will work, pal. time to build a real robust national conscience that isnt just hatred of the hindu.
Apr 7th, 2009 #11erudition----
I am a pure Sindhi and proud of it!
I am also proud of the fact that Muhammad Bin Qasim is our hero who brought us into the light of Islam and liberated us from the age of Jahiliyyah and opression.
You will find many Indians who love to divide us Pakistanis who just speak nothing but lies and are blinded by their Indian nationalism.
Apr 7th, 2009 #12----
What is a "pure" Sindhi?Destroy Jihadism, Save Pakistan.
“aur Kionkay Pakistan Islam Kay Naam par banaya Tha aur is mein Hamari Marzi Ka Islam Nahi Hay, Is liye Is Ko Islam kay Naam Par Hi Torein Gay”
Apr 8th, 2009 #13
i am not surprised at it as we had even distorted the vision of quaid-e-azam by zia regime.
his end was indeed tragic, same charges were leveled against him that were against raja dahir, it has more to do with power than islam and i dont belive in the story we are told.
it should not be seen in a religious context, ask any credible historian in sindh and he would tell you reason given was wrong, as americas reason to invade iraq.
Apr 8th, 2009 #14
Now thats a new development in the history..
Mohammad bin Qasim was suffocated to death by Caliph Sulaiman bin Abdul Malik and not BY Hajaj bin Yousaf... and as far as i remember all historians agree that Hajaj was dead by the time Sulaiman bin Abdul Malik was crowned...
It was Some hindu ladies of Raja Dahir's Family who complained to the Caliph in his Palace of Damascus about the molesting and others...For Religion, we'll fight, kill & die but will never follow it, where's the fun in that!
Apr 8th, 2009 #15----
And Mr.Burqaposh! what about the US and NATO Forces and CIA, INDIANS who are toturing and raping muslim women in torture cells as they did to our sister of KARACHI and her children? Are they Muhammad Bin Qasim?
Last edited by ravage; Apr 8th, 2009 at 10:08 PM.G O D B L E S S Y O U
Apr 8th, 2009 #16
Apr 8th, 2009 #17----
haaahaah! Allah hi hai jo is ummat ko samjhaey aur sath me taliban ko bhi aur mujhay bhi seedhay rastay pe laey, warna ghaddaron ki aur hum jesay gunahgaron ki koi kami nahe.G O D B L E S S Y O U
Apr 8th, 2009 #18
Waiting for a new leader again? The PEOPLE need to stand together against oppression. Not one person. No messiah is needed, only for all good people to stand up against injustice, cruelty and inhumanity. As long as we wait for someone else to save us, suffering will be prolonged.
By Bilal_Tarar in forum Pakistan & World AffairsReplies: 27Last Post: Dec 11th, 2014, 12:54 PM
By niden in forum Pakistan & World AffairsReplies: 37Last Post: Oct 3rd, 2009, 03:56 PM
By Lusi in forum Pakistan & World AffairsReplies: 7Last Post: Nov 16th, 2007, 06:12 AM
By DaPakiGuy in forum GupShup Cafe´Replies: 12Last Post: Oct 28th, 2006, 02:21 AM