• Accomplished
  • Aggravated
  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Anxious
  • Apathetic
  • Artistic
  • Awake
  • Bitchy
  • Blah
  • Blank
  • Bored
  • Bouncy
  • Busy
  • Calm
  • Cheerful
  • Chipper
  • Cold
  • Complacent
  • Confused
  • Contemplative
  • Content
  • Cranky
  • Crappy
  • Crazy
  • Creative
  • Crushed
  • Curious
  • Cynical
  • Depressed
  • Determined
  • Devious
  • Dirty
  • Disappointed
  • Discontent
  • Disgusted
  • Distressed
  • Ditzy
  • Dorky
  • Drained
  • Drunk
  • Ecstatic
  • Embarrassed
  • Energetic
  • Enraged
  • Enthralled
  • Envious
  • Exanimate
  • Excited
  • Exhausted
  • Flirty
  • Frustrated
  • Full
  • Geeky
  • Giddy
  • Giggly
  • Gloomy
  • Good
  • Grateful
  • Groggy
  • Grumpy
  • Guilty
  • Happy
  • High
  • Hopeful
  • Horny
  • Hot
  • Hungry
  • Hyper
  • Impressed
  • Indescribable
  • Indifferent
  • Infuriated
  • Intimidated
  • Irate
  • Irritated
  • Jealous
  • Jubilant
  • Lazy
  • Lethargic
  • Listless
  • Lonely
  • Loved
  • Melancholy
  • Mellow
  • Mischievous
  • Moody
  • Morose
  • Naughty
  • Nauseated
  • Nerdy
  • Nervous
  • Nostalgic
  • Numb
  • Okay
  • Optimistic
  • Pakistan
  • Peaceful
  • Pensive
  • Pessimistic
  • Pissedoff
  • Pleased
  • Predatory
  • Productive
  • Quixotic
  • Recumbent
  • Refreshed
  • Rejected
  • Rejuvenated
  • Relaxed
  • Relieved
  • Restless
  • Rushed
  • Sad
  • Satisfied
  • Scared
  • Shocked
  • Sick
  • Silly
  • Sleepy
  • Sore
  • Stressed
  • Surprised
  • Sympathetic
  • Thankful
  • Thirsty
  • Thoughtful
  • Tired
  • Touched
  • Uncomfortable
  • Weird
  • Working
  • Worried
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Results 1 to 18 of 24
    1. #1

       Channel Manager


      Apathetic
       

      muqawwee123's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 15, 2010
      Posts
      104,349
      Post Thanks / Like
      Blogs
      12
      Mentioned
      626 Post(s)
      Tagged
      28 Thread(s)
      My Dadi used to convince us for using Surma by saying that surma comes from Koh e Toor, where God shown His reflection to Hazrat Musa (AS). Have you ever heard this link between Surma and Koh e Toor?

    2. #2
      Senior Member
      ----
       

      ninja hattori's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 20, 2011
      Location
      India
      Posts
      15,076
      Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      13 Post(s)
      Tagged
      5 Thread(s)
      Yes i also heard similar thing at home..

    3. #3

       Channel Manager


      Apathetic
       

      muqawwee123's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 15, 2010
      Posts
      104,349
      Post Thanks / Like
      Blogs
      12
      Mentioned
      626 Post(s)
      Tagged
      28 Thread(s)
      Did / Do you believe that?

    4. #4
      Senior Member
      ----
       

      ninja hattori's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 20, 2011
      Location
      India
      Posts
      15,076
      Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      13 Post(s)
      Tagged
      5 Thread(s)
      At that time yes....

      then started doubting it...........

      what about you?

    5. #5

       Channel Manager


      Apathetic
       

      muqawwee123's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 15, 2010
      Posts
      104,349
      Post Thanks / Like
      Blogs
      12
      Mentioned
      626 Post(s)
      Tagged
      28 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by ninja hattori View Post
      At that time yes....

      then started doubting it...........

      what about you?
      Same here

      That was the time when we used to believe many things. Like I had a theory 'Chhipkali baRi hoke magar machh bunti hai'

    6. #6
      Senior Member
      ----
       

      ninja hattori's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 20, 2011
      Location
      India
      Posts
      15,076
      Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      13 Post(s)
      Tagged
      5 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by muqawwee123 View Post
      Same here

      That was the time when we used to believe many things. Like I had a theory 'Chhipkali baRi hoke magar machh bunti hai'

    7. #7

      ----
       


      Join Date
      Sep 24, 2006
      Location
      zameen par
      Posts
      21,477
      Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      25 Post(s)
      Tagged
      3 Thread(s)
      I never heard about anything regarding eye-liner, until recently found that it looks more secy if girl is wearing it moderately.
      and those who say, Our Lord, Give us, from our spouses and our children, comfort of eyes, and make us heads of the God-fearing.
      [25:74]

    8. #8

       Channel Manager


      Apathetic
       

      muqawwee123's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 15, 2010
      Posts
      104,349
      Post Thanks / Like
      Blogs
      12
      Mentioned
      626 Post(s)
      Tagged
      28 Thread(s)
      But again this surma and Koh e Toor is somehow prominent in literature too

    9. #9
      Senior Member
      ----
       

      ninja hattori's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 20, 2011
      Location
      India
      Posts
      15,076
      Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      13 Post(s)
      Tagged
      5 Thread(s)
      @muqawwee bhai have you used surma?

      @STA and aap bhi?

    10. #10

      ----
       


      Join Date
      Sep 24, 2006
      Location
      zameen par
      Posts
      21,477
      Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      25 Post(s)
      Tagged
      3 Thread(s)
      NH: kiya main bhi?
      and those who say, Our Lord, Give us, from our spouses and our children, comfort of eyes, and make us heads of the God-fearing.
      [25:74]

    11. #11

       Channel Manager


      Apathetic
       

      muqawwee123's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 15, 2010
      Posts
      104,349
      Post Thanks / Like
      Blogs
      12
      Mentioned
      626 Post(s)
      Tagged
      28 Thread(s)
      My Ammi used to compel us wearing surma because she thought 'iss se aankhen baRi aur chamakdar hoti hain'. I remember, hamare haan bachon ke mathe pe surme se ek dot banaya banaya jata tha buri nazar se bachao ke liye. I just hated wearing surma especially salai se

    12. #12
      in-TRANSIT to NEXT world!
      Surprised
       

      KKF's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 14, 2009
      Location
      in TRANSIT!
      Posts
      57,101
      Post Thanks / Like
      Blogs
      27
      Mentioned
      252 Post(s)
      Tagged
      5 Thread(s)
      nope...i never heard this linkage before! surma to aapke Zia ul Haq bhii lagaate the...vaise, maiN ne sunaa hai k surma lagaanaa sunnat hai...is it right?

      vaise, i remember ladies in my home back in the village days had their personal surme-daanii which was made of copper or silver or brass...Moradabad, India is still famous for brass-wares...they are known for their intricate designs. this business is entirely in the hands of Muslims. here is a pic of a surme-daanii:

      the lid is actually the roz that is used to apply surma on the eye-lids...it's called surumchaa.

      82838184.uazUnzWM.jpg
      Life is NOT measured by the number of breaths we take but the moments that take our breath away!!!
      16 breaths a minute, 23040 a day...NO one knows which one will be their LAST!

    13. #13

       Channel Manager


      Apathetic
       

      muqawwee123's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 15, 2010
      Posts
      104,349
      Post Thanks / Like
      Blogs
      12
      Mentioned
      626 Post(s)
      Tagged
      28 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by Khalil KhaaN FaaKhta View Post
      nope...i never heard this linkage before! surma to aapke Zia ul Haq bhii lagaate the...vaise, maiN ne sunaa hai k surma lagaanaa sunnat hai...is it right?

      vaise, i remember ladies in my home back in the village days had their personal surme-daanii which was made of copper or silver or brass...Moradabad, India is still famous for brass-wares...they are known for their intricate designs. this business is entirely in the hands of Muslims. here is a pic of a surme-daanii:

      the lid is actually the roz that is used to apply surma on the eye-lids...it's called surumchaa.

      82838184.uazUnzWM.jpg
      Zia ul Haq was famous as Surme wali sarkar. Baqol unki Naik Bivi wo her roz surma lagate the lekin jis din Bhutto ko phansi hui wo surma lagana bhool gae aur phoot phoot kar roye

      That was another incentive to wear surma by calling it as a Sunnat

    14. #14
      Senior Member
      ----
       

      ninja hattori's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 20, 2011
      Location
      India
      Posts
      15,076
      Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      13 Post(s)
      Tagged
      5 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by STA View Post
      NH: kiya main bhi?
      Kya apne kabhi surma lagaya hai?

      @muqawwee bhai surma lagane me bara darr lagta hai...sirf ek baar lagaya hai..............
      kala dot to kajal se bhi lagate hain....
      you can see south indian brides and grooms with that black dot..........

    15. #15

      ----
       


      Join Date
      Sep 24, 2006
      Location
      zameen par
      Posts
      21,477
      Post Thanks / Like
      Mentioned
      25 Post(s)
      Tagged
      3 Thread(s)
      I was around 1 year or so.
      and those who say, Our Lord, Give us, from our spouses and our children, comfort of eyes, and make us heads of the God-fearing.
      [25:74]

    16. #16
      in-TRANSIT to NEXT world!
      Surprised
       

      KKF's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 14, 2009
      Location
      in TRANSIT!
      Posts
      57,101
      Post Thanks / Like
      Blogs
      27
      Mentioned
      252 Post(s)
      Tagged
      5 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by muqawwee123 View Post
      Zia ul Haq was famous as Surme wali sarkar. Baqol unki Naik Bivi wo her roz surma lagate the lekin jis din Bhutto ko phansi hui wo surma lagana bhool gae aur phoot phoot kar roye

      That was another incentive to wear surma by calling it as a Sunnat
      aise surme kaa kia faai'da jab daayiiN aaNkh baayeN aaNkh se na miltii ho...sunaa hai Zia saab marHoom kaane/bhaiNge/squint the!

      vaise, bahtareen surma ke liye India kaa shahr Bareilly mash'hoor hai jis par ek gaanaa bhii thaa:

      surma Bareilly waalaa, aNkhiyoN meN aisaa Daalaa
      surme ne le lii merii jaan, haaye re! mere qurbaan!


      ab Kaajal Bibi miyaaN Surma Bhopali se kam to nahiiN, is liye farmaate haiN:

      Kajra moHabbat waalaa, aNkhiyoN meN aisaa Daalaa
      kajre ne le lii merii jaan, haaye re! maiN tere qurbaan!
      Life is NOT measured by the number of breaths we take but the moments that take our breath away!!!
      16 breaths a minute, 23040 a day...NO one knows which one will be their LAST!

    17. #17

       Channel Manager


      Apathetic
       

      muqawwee123's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 15, 2010
      Posts
      104,349
      Post Thanks / Like
      Blogs
      12
      Mentioned
      626 Post(s)
      Tagged
      28 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by ninja hattori View Post
      Kya apne kabhi surma lagaya hai?

      @muqawwee bhai surma lagane me bara darr lagta hai...sirf ek baar lagaya hai..............
      kala dot to kajal se bhi lagate hain....
      you can see south indian brides and grooms with that black dot..........
      I think Pathan people use surma excessively and their children and women also make many dots on their face wit surma

      pathan.jpg

    18. #18

       Channel Manager


      Apathetic
       

      muqawwee123's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 15, 2010
      Posts
      104,349
      Post Thanks / Like
      Blogs
      12
      Mentioned
      626 Post(s)
      Tagged
      28 Thread(s)
      Quote Originally Posted by Khalil KhaaN FaaKhta View Post
      aise surme kaa kia faai'da jab daayiiN aaNkh baayeN aaNkh se na miltii ho...sunaa hai Zia saab marHoom kaane/bhaiNge/squint the!

      vaise, bahtareen surma ke liye India kaa shahr Bareilly mash'hoor hai jis par ek gaanaa bhii thaa:

      surma Bareilly waalaa, aNkhiyoN meN aisaa Daalaa
      surme ne le lii merii jaan, haaye re! mere qurbaan!
      ye gana kajra ke ooper na tha?


    Similar Threads

    1. Where to Buy Real Surma
      By afrogirl in forum Wedding, Fashion & Beauty
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: Dec 12th, 2011, 09:53 PM
    2. Surma like eyeliner
      By automne77 in forum Wedding, Fashion & Beauty
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: Dec 5th, 2011, 11:12 AM
    3. Using surma while fasting
      By redrose1 in forum Religion & Philosophy
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: Aug 18th, 2010, 07:33 AM
    4. Surma in eyes
      By Submission To Peace in forum Wedding, Fashion & Beauty
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: Apr 16th, 2007, 09:08 AM
    5. Surma!
      By Nilu in forum GupShup CafeŽ
      Replies: 34
      Last Post: Aug 30th, 2004, 10:55 PM